Why the Beats Hate?
Apr 7, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #1,126 of 2,037
In summary what we have learnt so far from this most informative and intelligent thread is.....

Some manufactures market trinkets....

...and others just make headphones. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is my understanding.

Apr 7, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #1,127 of 2,037
Man I thought some of my headphones were ugly!

Do the headphones on the bottom left come with a free pocket-protector, taped horn-rimmed glasses, and an HP calculator?

Oh well, seems there are buyers for ALL products...:wink:

Apr 7, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #1,128 of 2,037
Man I thought some of my headphones were ugly!

Do the headphones on the bottom left come with a free pocket-protector, taped horn-rimmed glasses, and an HP calculator?

Oh well, seems there are buyers for ALL products...
wink.gif

Do they do them in black ?!?

Apr 7, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #1,130 of 2,037
Sorry but I will need an amswer fairly soon before I pull the trigger on my next pair:
gs1000.gif

Apr 7, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #1,131 of 2,037
Latest hard to believe Beats story.

British PM David ('just call me Dave') Cameron caught wearing Union Jack emblazoned Beats. Lovely 

The world just keeps getting an even odder place by the day. What was he thinking?

Maybe he wished they did a pair with the EU flag ?

On reflection I now realise this was an early April fool's joke. I feel a bit silly being taken in so easily. Sorry.

Apr 7, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #1,132 of 2,037
On reflection I now realise this was an early April fool's joke. I feel a bit silly being taken in so easily. Sorry.

You mean the GiMP 8.35 headphones or the Prime Minister with his Bling? :D

Apr 8, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #1,133 of 2,037
You mean the GiMP 8.35 headphones or the Prime Minister with his Bling? :D

The PM of course, I do actually want the German Maestro; one day:)

Apr 8, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #1,135 of 2,037
The bass overpowers everything, and the build quality is terrible. If you're going to make it cost as much as a decent Sennheiser or Audio-Technica, then at least make it listenable and somewhat usable for a good amount of time.
I went to Best Buy and the first thing I saw on their Beats Pro on display is the cable insulation that's ripped off. I've also seen broken plastic on these headphones. Definitely not worth $250+.

I listen to my urbeats quite often and enjoy them very much as someone who enjoy more bass than average and I have only heard 1 brand I enjoy more but they went out of business years ago.

I have had other brands like the respected v-moda but consider my beats better sounding while lasting just as long if not longer but no headphone is indestructible and I tend to break any brand within 2-3 years...Cables are a weak point for headphones but I don't see that has having to do with brand with how many cords have broken on me or plastic for that matter which most headphones have.Mine are made of metal but the v-moda I had were plastic

Apr 10, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #1,136 of 2,037
Its two days since last post, maybe the thread is dying?

I am a foreigner working in Malaysia and most people here are not into hi-fi and most of them listen to music through smartphones and stock earphones.

But...regardless of that most will tell you beats are the best headphones around. Just sad state of affairs. There are some dedicated headphone shops that carry all the reputable brands that can be auditioned. Hopefully such shops will open people eyes, or should I say ears.

A year ago I was in this famous IT store in KL and this Arab tourist kid (around 10 - 12 yrs old) was searching for Beats headphones. But he cant even pronounce it right so the store clerk was not getting what he was saying. I wants bits, bits - he kept on shouting. It was a LOL moment.

Even in the rich middle eastern countries where often money is not an issue, Beats seems to be thought as best headphones money can buy.

I guess I still cannot call myself an audiophile but love crisp clean sound and have tried beats many times, never brought myself to like it. Always thought the music sounds like its coming out of some tin/can. My last attempt to like em was few days back in an apple shop. The song playing on the ipod was a slow bright ballad and beats was presenting it as something
dark and bassy, whereby there was almost no bass in the song. Not sure which model. Just says Beats by Dr Dre on the headband.

Apr 10, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #1,137 of 2,037
People often forget that Beats is marketed as a fashion accessory 1st, and is endorsed by a huge amount celebrities and sport personalities. When moving from your stock headphones/earphones, most people will pick something that they have seen advertised or marketed recently. BEATS does this exceptionally well, and is constantly in the forefront of people’s minds. When was the last time you saw AKG or Shure advertise their headphones? Not everyone researches “what is an Audiophile headphone”, because 99% of people don’t even know what that is.

Apr 11, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #1,138 of 2,037
  Its two days since last post, maybe the thread is dying?

I am a foreigner working in Malaysia and most people here are not into hi-fi and most of them listen to music through smartphones and stock earphones.

But...regardless of that most will tell you beats are the best headphones around. Just sad state of affairs. There are some dedicated headphone shops that carry all the reputable brands that can be auditioned. Hopefully such shops will open people eyes, or should I say ears.

A year ago I was in this famous IT store in KL and this Arab tourist kid (around 10 - 12 yrs old) was searching for Beats headphones. But he cant even pronounce it right so the store clerk was not getting what he was saying. I wants bits, bits - he kept on shouting. It was a LOL moment.

Even in the rich middle eastern countries where often money is not an issue, Beats seems to be thought as best headphones money can buy.

I guess I still cannot call myself an audiophile but love crisp clean sound and have tried beats many times, never brought myself to like it. Always thought the music sounds like its coming out of some tin/can. My last attempt to like em was few days back in an apple shop. The song playing on the ipod was a slow bright ballad and beats was presenting it as something
dark and bassy, whereby there was almost no bass in the song. Not sure which model. Just says Beats by Dr Dre on the headband.

My friend from Germany told me he went to the electronics store he goes to shop and he found out in the CD-demo machines had the sennheiser or sony headphones replaced by BEATS!

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #1,139 of 2,037
just last weekend when i was in my local rugby club, my friend Edwin comes in with his four children aged from 7 to 14 all wearing beats plugged into their ipads. We exchanged glances and he knows what i am thinking. He says...'i know what your thinking but that is what the kids want are Beats nothing else' Talk about more money than sense. Well thats marketing summed up. But you know what.... at least they are listening to music!!

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #1,140 of 2,037
just last weekend when i was in my local rugby club, my friend Edwin comes in with his four children aged from 7 to 14 all wearing beats plugged into their ipads. We exchanged glances and he knows what i am thinking. He says...'i know what your thinking but that is what the kids want are Beats nothing else' Talk about more money than sense. Well thats marketing summed up. But you know what.... at least they are listening to music!!

This!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back