Why the Beats Hate?
Jun 26, 2018 at 12:54 AM Post #1,876 of 2,037
Thanks. Reason I asked was because I ordered a Royal collection Solo 2 and googled them. On target.com it says they have titanium coated drivers. https://www.target.com/p/beats-solo-2-on-ear-headphone-royal-collection-imperial-violet/-/A-21495041

I've had two "normal" solo2's and neither had titanium drivers. I guess target is just missleading people for whatever the reason. Driver upgrade would Be cool though. Magnet looks beefy and with more advanced diaphgram material solo2's could be really good. Not that they're bad now :)

Sorry to disappoint but I think they accidentally re-used the description from the Solo HD.

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:23 AM Post #1,877 of 2,037
Sorry to disappoint but I think they accidentally re-used the description from the Solo HD.
Yep, the Solo 2's don't have a metal strip inside the headband.

Aug 18, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #1,879 of 2,037
Compare and contrast what Applebeats are doing (same old..) with the kind of products the original great tech giant Sony is quietly turning out

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/truly-wireless/wf-1000x

No doubt Beatsapple will produce something similar but inferior in a couple of years and they shall be praised through out the wold for their startling innovation

Got a pair of these little blighters
Absolutely superb out of this world technological tour de force.

Flawless operation and in terms of sound 90% of my favourite wired earphones Superbly engineered, so comfortable they disappear .

Can you imagine Beats EVER releasing anything remotely as capable? To quote a great old Ulster firebrand:, 'Never!! ... NEVER !!! ..... NEVER !!!!!'

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #1,880 of 2,037
Personally I love the SOLO 3 Wireless I own. It is the best everyday headphone for me. 40 hour battery life, good sound quality, comfortable and light weight. When I want a more detailed dedicated listening session I'll use my hifiman 400i, or my newly acquired PSB M4U 1. I guess it's a sin that I love my AirPods too lol.

Aug 22, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #1,881 of 2,037
Personally I love the SOLO 3 Wireless I own. It is the best everyday headphone for me. 40 hour battery life, good sound quality, comfortable and light weight. When I want a more detailed dedicated listening session I'll use my hifiman 400i, or my newly acquired PSB M4U 1. I guess it's a sin that I love my AirPods too lol.
It is a sin, LOL!

The Solo3 sound good and I really try to keep them (I literally purchased/returned them 12 times or more), but I always end up returning because I feel like I'm just over paying for what I get. The build quality leaves a lot to be desired at that price point. Micro USB. No aptX. No app control. No ANC.

Aug 22, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #1,882 of 2,037
12 times!?!?!

'Glutton for punishment' springs to mind. Please please for the sake of your sanity choose something else, anything. Believe it or not there are other headphones out there that also sound quite good, are built a little better and cost less. Investigate !!

(Edit with the added benefit of not looking a total t*ss*r)

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #1,883 of 2,037
12 times!?!?!

'Glutton for punishment' springs to mind. Please please for the sake of your sanity choose something else, anything. Believe it or not there are other headphones out there that also sound quite good, are built a little better and cost less. Investigate !!

(Edit with the added benefit of not looking a total t*ss*r)
LOL! Yep, I picked up the AKG Y50BT as my "on-ear solution" for under $100. I've accepted it's just not in my DNA to adapt to the Solo3. I spend too much as it is, so the more I gear I have, the more value-oriented I become.

Sep 12, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #1,884 of 2,037
It does look like Apple have finally given up with Beats.. announcing just a few new colours. WOW

Beats me why they ever got involved but they've lost the plot too, launching bigger and bigger phones. 'Style' (Matter of taste) over function à la Beats.

Sep 12, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #1,885 of 2,037
Sep 13, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #1,886 of 2,037
It does look like Apple have finally given up with Beats.. announcing just a few new colours. WOW

Beats me why they ever got involved but they've lost the plot too, launching bigger and bigger phones. 'Style' (Matter of taste) over function à la Beats.

I forget the business/marketing term but it seems like Apple bought them just to snuff them out instead of competing.
They were probably high sellers in their store and they wanted the market share.
There have been rumors Apple has been working on replacement OTE cans for years. I doubt it would have Beats branding.

Sep 13, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #1,887 of 2,037
I forget the business/marketing term but it seems like Apple bought them just to snuff them out instead of competing.
They were probably high sellers in their store and they wanted the market share.
There have been rumors Apple has been working on replacement OTE cans for years. I doubt it would have Beats branding.[/QUOTE

I hope you are correct and they disappear or are "snuffed out". Surely Apple branding will look 'cooler' to those that care about such things, certainly more sophisticated and with greater universal appeal.

The quality inside ie drivers etc should also improve of course. Maybe Beats could buy up or collaborate with a proper headphone company that knows what it is doing ?!?!?

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #1,888 of 2,037
Gave them a listen in a store. Studio 3 sounds well. Pretty flat I must say. Not like Senns or something but decent. And soundstage is good. Other ones... well, not so much.

Edit: I couldn't plug them into my phone and BT was disabled so I had to few pop songs they had there, which I never heard before. So take this with grain of salt.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #1,889 of 2,037
Studio 3 sounds terrible. I wanted to like it because it is a very practical HP but it sounds ok for pop and rap, crap for everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back