Why I can't wait to recive my M50
Apr 19, 2011 at 1:55 AM Post #47 of 96

Quote:
Looks like we have a bunch of happy or soon to be happy Head-Fiers!  By the way, Optimus Praim you have both an awesome screen name and avatar.

Yeap,i am indeed a happy Head-Fier and a proud owner of m50's...
atsmile.gif

Thanks man,big fan of Transformers here...
lol

Apr 19, 2011 at 10:26 AM Post #48 of 96

Quote:

It lovely :) but you get really really happy when they arrive. I mean, when I saw the Fed-ex truck outside my house i could not wait to open the packaging and get the babies running
Grats on your buy mate :)

Ecstatic is precisely the word and they are soild as a rock too. I love the engineering on this product.
I also want to get a Fiio E7 and are expecting to order them when I get this month salary. My only concern is if it will make a differrence...

the only way it will make a difference is if your DAP or soundcard cannot provide enough power to drive them, more then likely they can because the M50s are a low impedance phone with a decently high sensitivity.

Apr 19, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #49 of 96

Quote:
the only way it will make a difference is if your DAP or soundcard cannot provide enough power to drive them, more then likely they can because the M50s are a low impedance phone with a decently high sensitivity.

Believe me it will make a difference for portable use also..
First day of testing with E7/cowon i9 and the sound is warmer,and a bit more soundstaging but noticable...
I don't want to rush to any conclusions yet but i think the 'marriage' with E7 works very nice for me..

Apr 19, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #50 of 96

PLACEBO
Quote:
Believe me it will make a difference for portable use also..
First day of testing with E7/cowon i9 and the sound is warmer,and a bit more soundstaging but noticable...
I don't want to rush to any conclusions yet but i think the 'marriage' with E7 works very nice for me..

Apr 20, 2011 at 2:10 AM Post #51 of 96

Quote:
PLACEBO

Sorry man,it's not placebo effect..
I know what i am listening to and how it sounds on my ears..
I am not an expert neither an audiophile but there is a difference in the sound when amped by E7.
I don't say it is a night and day difference but noticable warmer and wider soundstange without distortion on higher volumes..

Apr 20, 2011 at 8:46 AM Post #52 of 96
sure on higher volumes it probably does sounds better. although i cannot buy the "wider soundstage" effect.

Apr 20, 2011 at 9:24 AM Post #53 of 96
Amping the M50 does make the M50 have a tighter response-- especially in some of its bass response, there's no secret there.  It's not just a loudness effect.  Do you even own an M50?  Also, just because a headphone is rated at 32ohms doesn't mean it'll work to its fullest with just an iPod.  :wink:

At the same time that's not to take away the fact that the E7 also doubles up as a dac, so it will naturally have a different sound signature-- including more warmth/less warmth, wider soundstage/less soundstage etc.

Apr 20, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #54 of 96
proof?

Apr 20, 2011 at 11:56 AM Post #57 of 96

Quote:

What, do you want me to break out super expensive electrical measuring equipment to produce line graphs that are about the only things you like relating to?

Apr 20, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #58 of 96
if it will prove the claims you are making :p

Quote:
What, do you want me to break out super expensive electrical measuring equipment to produce line graphs that are about the only things you like relating to?

Apr 20, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #59 of 96
A much more cost productive and simple way is to just go out and buy a pair of M50s yourself and an E7 or any other competent portable/desktop amp, and examine the audio differences.

Or you could just continue to try and refute multiple of the same experiences on this board that collectively agree with each other.  You know, your loss.  No skin off our noses really.

Apr 20, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #60 of 96
i've tried other headphones with headphone amps, not the m50 per se but others and there is no difference in "soundstage" which is exactly why i keep saying what i keep saying. the only thing i have noticed is the ability to crank the volume higher without it clipping and distorting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back