Why I can't wait to recive my M50
Apr 23, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #91 of 96
The ATH-M50 hype is a little higher now from the last 2 weeks... and because of that I Wanna listen to them again!! Okay time to start using them again over my other headphones lol.
Oh and yes, they do sound great.

Apr 28, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #92 of 96
Well my ATH-M50 arrived today, and I've barely been able to take them off!! I braced myself to be underwhelmed after all the criticism from many individuals, just hoping they'd sound cleaner and more neutral than my current cheapo Senheissers (eh150).

Well holy crap. I am blown away. I just can't believe how good these sound. They look and feel solid, such high quality. They're very comfy, though my left ear is getting a tad sore after prolonged wear. But the sound. Wow. Everything just sounds - clean. Not muffled, not shiny. A tad warm, but mostly just sounds like it "should". Mids that normally irritate me with other headphones, leading me to EQ them down, sound warm and inviting. Base is solid, definitely not overwhelming, and definitely not boomy at all - yet full, without being rich. Highs are clean but not piercing. So far just been listening without much EQing, maybe turning the mids down a tad and pulling the base up a notch, but really, my music finally sounds "right".

Might write a lay-person's review, but I'd probably just be echoing the dozens of others out there - these are good, solid, clean neutral headphones that just sound great, feel comfy, and ooze quality. So happy with this purchase!!

Apr 28, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #93 of 96
I just ordered my second ever closed cans... Ultrasone PRO 900's! Imagine how I feel since they won't reach me until next week.
eek.gif

I'm going to rooftop tackle the mailman when he's approaching my door!
biggrin.gif

Apr 28, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #94 of 96
Please give us some impressions of the PRO 900s after 10-20 hours, i2ehan. It will be interesting to hear any comparison you can make between the bass impact on these and your ie8.

Apr 28, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #95 of 96
I will my friend. I'll even do an unboxing just for the hell of it! However, I'm not at all familiar with the descriptive terminology so I'll read up a bit before writing anything. Otherwise, it will be something along the lines of, "they're shiny, the round part fits around my ear, and I couldn't even hear the toilet flush!"
o2smile.gif

P.S. I listen only to trance & progressive, so whatever I do end up writing, will solely be based on this specific genre. I can of course test out other tracks per request, to give others an idea of how the 900's handle their music! I'm so psyched!
L3000.gif

Sep 2, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #96 of 96
Well I purchased my first closed back headphones today.......the Sony MDR V6.  Understanding that this thread is about M50's, thats why i'm here.  I ordered the sony's earlier today after hours on hours on hours of searching, reviews etc.  I really wanted the ATH M50's but i could not find them for that low price of $100 or even just slightly higher.....all were $159 give or take a couple dollars and trying to be frugal here, i decided on the MDR V6's. 

Here's about about me, I listen to all kinds of music from techno, R&B to jazz mainly from my laptop, computer, touchpad or ipod. I was using ATH ANC7B's but got tired of the muddy sound and sound leakage since im in the office mainly when listening.  My questions are:

1.  should I be questioning my purchase on the V6 compairing them to the M50's?  Is it actually worrth over $100 difference?
2.  If so, does anyone have a legit source on where i can find them for that low price? 

Thanks in advance! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back