Why do you wake up everyday?
May 10, 2007 at 3:39 AM Post #46 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopShelf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But he dosn't live in a ghetto, or in a old folks home, and he is the same as everyone else, by adapting to what they "have". What he has, is what he has. And assuming he is "lucky" or should be glad, is so incorrect for you to judge.

Yes you are right because he has not experienced the crappy reality. Sometimes ignorance is the opposite of bliss. I am NOT JUDGING him BTW. I am simply stating the realistic perspectives.

May 10, 2007 at 3:44 AM Post #47 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have a good point but at the same time, I firmly believe in what I stated.
I did say that his life can suck too but he's still in high school and has not really experienced the world. Yes, I hated high school too.

Time is really the best thing for him to decide if his life really sucks. After 20 years, he can be a better judge to see if life was really miserable being a senior.

But I strongly disagree with your sentiment on not being grateful for what you have. In many ways, you really should be grateful for what you have. Life is about perspectives too and that cannot be ignored.

Fair enough, and I value your thoughts fully, and didn't plan to try and change your believes, but rather made sure he got the other side of the story.

As humans, we are creatures of habit. We will tend to feel the same now, as we will in 10 or 15 years, just with different material and different people around us. Sure, we will have great days, that hale when compared to the time in high school, when you got dumped by your girlfriend, but the majority of life, is based on your attitude, not whats going on around you

But when looking at life, on a year by year basis, the one's who "appreciate and enjoy life" at age 50, were the ones at age 21 or 25, having a great time doing what they did, no matter what it was. Its the person, not the situation.

But to say high school is a walk in the park, compared to others, is what I missed. When your 18, you only know what a 18 year old knows. And, the problems you have, are as hard and stressful, compared to a 45 year old, who is trying to pay a mortgage and balance a family, because at 18, thats all you know. And so your body reacts.

So 18 year old problems, such as failing a test, breaking up with a girlfriend, or getting cut by the football team, are the same lengths of disappointments, as a 45 year old missing a mortgage payment, getting divorced or getting fired from a job

May 10, 2007 at 3:54 AM Post #49 of 93
Quote:

The guy with a million bucks in the bank, has the same "right" or judgment, as the guy with no home, no family, and broke on the street. Both their problems are the same, both of their negative outlook, is no greater or nor less. Trying to tweak that, or assuming someone should be happier then someone else, based on material or ANYTHING, is pretty whacked and so false.

I am not trying to tweak anything.

I actually do know some people who are worth a million dollars. Commonly, their woes are from the high levels of stress. They have some large responibilities and they're lives are more complicated than a high school senior per se. They may have marital problems or problems in their business.

I see what you are saying. Happiness and saddness is the SAME on all tiers but at the same time, if you are on an upper tier, where your safety and health is not threatened, like living in a nursing home or ghetto, it's not that bad actually. You really should always be on a down to earth level and realise that your life is not really that horrible as you think as long as your safety and health is not a concern. If you realise this truth, then you shouldn't be that miserable. Life isn't that bad if that's the case, unless if you have a strong goal in life and that is not being fulfilled.

May 10, 2007 at 4:02 AM Post #50 of 93
Quote:

But to say high school is a walk in the park, compared to others, is what I missed. When your 18, you only know what a 18 year old knows.

High school was never a walk in the park for me. I hated it. And I even hated college more and I was miserable, even though my life was "pretty good"

May 10, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #51 of 93
I don't think it's so complicated if you read other thread's the OP has made, all along these same "Oh woe is me" lines.

He's lucky because he know what he wants to do in life. That's really something right there. He's apparently good at what he does, good enough to be accepted into a good program at university.

So he knows what he wants, and he feels he wants to get on with it, but he's got some obstacles in the way, maybe having to do with family love and support, but mostly he just sees the money, am I right?

And being so close and yet so far (but in the end it doesn't really matterrrrrrr
wink.gif
), some people get angry, some get depressed.

To the OP I'd say just about EVERY performer has had to take jobs that didn't fit the bill of playing the tuba. I'm a strong believer in a good work environment, but you have a choice here to either continue with the self-pity, or do what it takes to accomplish your goals?

How badly do you want it?

As my voice teacher in college said, if you can live with closing the door, then close it.

If not, keep that door open and earn some money.

May 10, 2007 at 6:54 AM Post #56 of 93
Honestly? Right now I am waking up only to be glad that I'm one day closer to getting more audio stuff or more new stuff period. That and marginally to listen to music. God, getting new stuff is such a high. Trying desparately to reign it in though. Reignnn ittttt innnnnn.

May 10, 2007 at 7:06 AM Post #57 of 93
I hate waking up every morning - just because I like sleeping.

Once I'm up I go to work at a job that's both very mentally stimuating, but also very rewarding. I do this because I liek to feel good about myself doing something useful, and equally important I do it so my family can afford a few of the luxuries in life.

In short, I am very fortunate that I feel like I have something worth getting out of bed to do, and for; and that in itself makes me very happy.

But this is not luck - I work hard at enjoying my family, my job and my life.

May 10, 2007 at 8:13 AM Post #59 of 93
why, cause I wake up

May 10, 2007 at 9:28 AM Post #60 of 93
I wake up because, on the whole, things are pretty good.

And I can't wait to see what happens next. There's always something interesting going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back