Why do you wake up everyday?
May 18, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #92 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by mwallace573 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because my alarm clock goes off.
tongue.gif

Seriously, I wake up because I have a job. Granted, I don't like (not quite hate) my job, but I do work with a great group of people. That can make all the difference in the world.

True that. Part of making a job more enjoyable is the people you work with. In my job in Toronto, the people I all worked with were very dull and very boring. Not joking one bit. I tried to give them a chance, they were all a bunch of nerds who thought it was funny to bring cell phones to monthly lunch meetings and test games on them (cause I tested cell games). As if the job wasnt boring already I have a bunch of nerds who have no other hobbies exciting enough to compete with playing cellphone games while having a nice lunch at a fancy restaurant. Rant over.

But seriously, its who you work with I find. My job is good, I dont hate it, Im back at the same place I was a couple years ago (college student, I move around alot) and its good work, not boring because Im not doing the same thing all the time, and definately not boring because everyone I work with is hilarious and cool, while still remaining productive.

Oh and my boss is my dad. He wakes me up for work since we only have one alarm clock in the house (dont ask me why) and if I dont get up he will just go to work without me then kill me when he gets home.

May 18, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #93 of 93
I wake up every day because a terrible cacophony assaults my senses every morning at 7:13am. Unless there's a power failure, in which case I'm late for work because I'll sleep until noon without an alarm.

Why don't I just go back to bed? Well, because it feels good to get up. I'm learning that now. I've had serious trouble with this over the last few years. Careful introspection has allowed me to come to some personal conclusions and I'm working on that, day by day.

The first 15 minutes in the morning is one hell of a hurdle though. There isn't a day that goes by where I don't consider calling in ill. Haven't done so (unless I was actually sick) for a long time now.

[EDIT] Rob, what an adorable little sweetheart! I'm a have to get me one of those over the next few years. They still make them with sugar n spice and everything nice, right? Guess I need to get a ring on my woman's finger first.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back