Why do you wake up everyday?
May 10, 2007 at 12:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 93

wafflesomd

500+ Head-Fier
What's your incentive?

I'm currently in the situation where I will have to get a really crummy job, doing the same stupid crap everyday.

Now tell me, does this change later life? Or are you still just waking up, going to the same crummy job, doing the same crappy work. Is it really as bad and boring as I make it sound? Is it as boring, as say, what Ofiice Space potray's it as being.

I'd eventually go insane.

May 10, 2007 at 12:23 AM Post #3 of 93
I wake up for the kids....
wink.gif

May 10, 2007 at 12:24 AM Post #4 of 93
my circadian rhythm disrupts my sleep... stupid body
tongue.gif

May 10, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #5 of 93
Because my alarm clock goes off.
tongue.gif

Seriously, I wake up because I have a job. Granted, I don't like (not quite hate) my job, but I do work with a great group of people. That can make all the difference in the world.

May 10, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #8 of 93
I wake knowing that one day I'm going to find that special girl who's willing to help me spread the visqueen and frolic in the gallon of rubber cement I've been saving. I hope it doesn't burn. That would be a huge disappoint, but we'd have visqueen down already so I guess we could find something else. Still, I'd be disappointed. The rubber cement was given to me by my Godmother. She's a direct decedent of Eleuthère Irénée du Pont.

May 10, 2007 at 12:29 AM Post #9 of 93
Wow, sorry to hear that. Perhaps you could move to another state. I see you live in Ohio. Nothing against the state but it is kinda boring. Great people there though. Come out and move to the east or west coast!

If this makes you feel better, many people are living the same thing world wide. Day in day out, the same routine. Maybe you can find a good woman to cheer you up perhaps.

I suggest thinking about your life and comming up with a big challenge. Perhaps you can start a new project like writing a book or starting a new business or maybe going out and doing some volunteer work in another country that's funded by a church.

I'm glad that you posted because it's inspired me to go out and do something. I want to make a difference in this world. I will now concentrate on some new projects that could change my life. Thanks for posting that thought provoking sentiment.

But in the mean time, perhaps try to find a new job at least. Maybe get some training for a new career.

May 10, 2007 at 12:31 AM Post #10 of 93
It beats the alternative.

Yes, real life can be a lot like Office Space at times in the professional world.

Not too many people working at jobs they absolutely love, most do whatever to make a living. One of the realities people don't talk about. There're a lot of things in life that are downers that aren't discussed as much as you might think.

May 10, 2007 at 12:34 AM Post #14 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sleep is for the weak.

Best response so far.

Right now I have a really bad case of senioritis, as I'll be out of highschool in like, a week.

The only thing I look forward to are my tuba lessons, that's about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back