Why do People Read While on the Toilet?
Nov 16, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #47 of 80
i do whatever i can to pass the time while on the toilet

read, play a game, if i'm in a public restroom with no material for entertaining myself i have been known to sing

Nov 16, 2008 at 3:48 AM Post #48 of 80
Wow! This is a crapper thread. Um, think about going outside to use the outhouse in the dead of winter. I bet some peeps get off the pot a lot quicker!

Nov 16, 2008 at 5:16 AM Post #50 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by DocHamm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! This is a crapper thread. Um, think about going outside to use the outhouse in the dead of winter. I bet some peeps get off the pot a lot quicker!

My Father finally felt sorry for his Mom and Dad back in around 1948 and decided they needed to get a real bathroom in their house and get rid of that ol' 2-holer out in the back of the backyard.

...it really was a rather nice old outhouse with rather luxury appointments as long as you could avoid using it later in the afternoon in the heat of the day in the summertime.

My Grandmother felt strongly that there were certain things that civilized folks just didn't do in their homes and graciously refused to use it for its' main purpose for being.

She continued to use the outdoor pottie right up until she died and strongly suggested that us kids did the same. We Kids couldn't speak Italian and she couldn't speak English; but she got her point across! We went outside!

Nov 16, 2008 at 5:23 AM Post #51 of 80
I was hopsitalized once and a friend brought stacks and stacks of Commando war comix

Commando.jpg

it turned out that his dad bought a whole bunch, reading one each time he went to the crapper.
biggrin.gif

oh, and look @ Google

googletoiletthree.jpg

"wand cleaning"
biggrin.gif

Nov 16, 2008 at 5:29 AM Post #52 of 80
I thought everyone read on the toilet. I mean, the toilet paper! You have to read it after every swipe for signs of what your next move is going to be. How else will you know when the job is done?

Nov 16, 2008 at 5:37 AM Post #53 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How else will you know when the job is done?

I prefer to guess.

Nov 16, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #56 of 80
...If you have something coming out of one end ...then you need something going in the other.

Balanced is clearly better then single-ended.

Nov 16, 2008 at 5:32 PM Post #57 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought everyone read on the toilet. I mean, the toilet paper! You have to read it after every swipe for signs of what your next move is going to be. How else will you know when the job is done?

Haha!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 16, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #58 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I beg to differ. Unless you're like, reading Voltaire or something.

well how u do attend to the call of nature is not really a topic to argue about.

its something u have to do inevitably so it doesnt have to be the thing u look forward to every morning.

hence people like to do smthg else as well while they are using the toilet.

Nov 16, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #59 of 80
Google, world wide toilet entrepreneurs?
Who'd have though?

"...If you have something coming out of one end ...then you need something going in the other.

Balanced is clearly better then single-ended."

Thats hilarious!

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back