Why do People Read While on the Toilet?
Jun 24, 2020 at 9:01 PM Post #76 of 80
I think it’s an old habit that goes back many years. I think in the old days the most common thing to read was a newspaper or magazine.

It wouldn’t surprise me if there were people who sat for about 30 minutes reading an entire article. Probably Sunday was the most common day since it’s a day off for many people and you’re not stuck at work where you can’t take your time and casually read in the bathroom.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2020 at 6:30 AM Post #78 of 80
I used to read while sitting on the throne up until 1977. Then I heard what happened to Elvis &
I stopped. :smirk:

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2020 at 6:47 AM Post #79 of 80
My best friend as a child lived in an old 1930s house with his parents. The windows were small and it was dark; the bathroom was even darker. It seemed almost like it was at night in the house, all day?

At the end of a long bathroom room right in the middle was their toilet. A small window seemed to only light up the top of the toilet seat. Next to the toilet was the reading material which was 100% old issues of Playboy and Penthouse magazines. I would only journey in to take a piss, but never forgot this bathroom area? The living room had small whisky drinks too at about 3PM everyday. I was only 13 so could only wonder what the drinks tasted like. We had none of these things at my parents house?

At times his Dad would pull out a vintage old hollow body Gibson Jazz guitar and play for hours. What’s the end purpose of this story? I’m not sure?

B8485C03-06FB-4915-87D8-79DF1CC4C9DA.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back