Who should pick up the tab on a date?
Nov 4, 2007 at 1:49 AM Post #76 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trippytiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it should be whichever party did the asking in the first place.

I think that is a trap, as in many circles the men must still do the ultimate asking.

I'm all for equality, so I split. Its more fair that way anyway - I drink a lot more.

Then again I prefer to associate with strong independent types that would probably get irritated if I tried to pay for everything.

Nov 4, 2007 at 5:14 AM Post #77 of 118
143464460.jpg

Nuff said.

Nov 4, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #78 of 118
Bah...nobody thought that was funny...

Nov 5, 2007 at 12:40 AM Post #81 of 118
I know it's old, I was going through all the pictures on my server and when I saw it immediately thought of this thread. I guess it was a "you had to be there" moment, lol.

Nov 5, 2007 at 9:29 AM Post #82 of 118
I preferred to pay for the date, especially when I thought she was good lookin.

Nov 5, 2007 at 9:49 AM Post #83 of 118
on the first few dates, i always insist on paying even if she was the one that did the inviting. later on though, i expect her to offer to pay and even pay sometimes. i don't make a lot of money but if it's someone that i really like, i don't mind spending the money up to a certain point. it just irks me when a woman never offers to pay. a woman that never offers to pay equals gold digger...

Nov 5, 2007 at 10:24 AM Post #84 of 118
Whoever suggested the date. Otherwise, you will soon find you are sitting in front of a conniving sponge and nothing becomes palatable anymore.

Nov 6, 2007 at 1:57 PM Post #86 of 118
If I'm asked out on a date I assume that she'll be picking up the tab. If I ask someone out I pick up the tab.

Now I'd just like to actually be asked out to test this theory.
blink.gif

Nov 6, 2007 at 9:24 PM Post #88 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I'm asked out on a date I assume that she'll be picking up the tab. If I ask someone out I pick up the tab.

Now I'd just like to actually be asked out to test this theory.
blink.gif

Hahah, that's what I've been thinking the whole time... How often is it that a girl asks out a guy and pays for the tab? Not often in my experience.
tongue.gif

Nov 6, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #89 of 118
Of course the times are different today but, the guy always asked the girl out on the first date and never had the lady pay. Then I moved to San Diego and started dating a college lady. She let me know that while it was nice of me to be this way, she was tired of sitting at home while I waited to be paid. If she wanted to pay, I should not be embarrassed to accept. The first time was pretty demoralizing. After that, it got a little easier. When I could, a nice gift was involved on a whim to show her my feelings about it all.

As to the nice guy never getting the girl, there is some truth to that. If a woman thinks your controlled, you are conquered. No more thrill. If she sees she can't control you, it's a challenge. Not saying to be obnoxious, just don't live to please her. Have your own life with her being part of it. Once married, rules are negotiated but you have committed to each other. Within two years, no more two to three nights out with the guys. Sports were down to two nights. I had to watch soaps on friday nights as part of a bonding process. Now, it's all good. In fact, if we were still living back home, I bet she would want me to get out with the guys a little. But she knows baseball, the rules to hockey and most of football and I know who the Newmans and Abbotts are. Compromise is a wonderful thing.

Of course these are just one person's view of the www and not to be taken for anything but entertainment value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back