Who ARE you???
Mar 24, 2002 at 7:12 AM Post #31 of 129
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller

I'm here today because of a MARINE Scout Sniper.Snipers are my heroes and are the most feared warriors on any battlefield.It is a fact that every Sniper has blood on his hands but they don't make Snipers just to say we got em'.Snipers kill people and do it most effectively.If you can handle the ghosts,do it.

I didn't mean to denigrate those guys or the job they do, it's just as you say Tuberoller, IF you can handle the ghosts... Many who think they can, find out later they can't.

Mar 24, 2002 at 7:27 AM Post #32 of 129
Quote:

Originally posted by kwkarth

Nah, A&M, you don't want that. One of the guys who used to work for me did that in the service and he never could get rid of the devils left in his head. I had a GF in high school whose dad was a sniper/ranger in the Korean war and he had the same problem. Not something you want crawling around in your noggin my friend.

Then again, you might become Mr. Rogers and have your own children's television show. 120 confirmed kills!

Anyway, I'm a college student (I guess that makes me non-university) working towards a career in something that will earn me enough money to let me listen to good audio gear, smoke tasty cigars, live in a comfortable home, and write mediocre screenplays. Was planning on becoming an engineer but realized I don't like physics -- was planning on going into business, but realized econ is far too boring and devoid of the math which should be its foundation -- so who knows what will happen now...

Mar 24, 2002 at 7:33 AM Post #34 of 129
11th grade high school student who enjoys music, surfing, and basically everything else normal 17-year olds do.
biggrin.gif

Mar 24, 2002 at 10:02 AM Post #36 of 129
Call Centre Operator here, working for one of the UK's biggest Electrical Retailers. We sell domestic appliances, tv, computers and crappy bose equivalent (so-called) hifi systems and boomboxes. I get to speak with 200-300 customers per day on a regular basis.

On a weekend I work voluntary with the local museum service as tourguide on the M.T. Arctic Corsair. This is my real love, pity it doesn't earn me any money. See http://www.arctic-corsair.co.uk for more info.

Sound As Ever
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 24, 2002 at 10:26 AM Post #37 of 129
As this is a US based board and I don't think that flashing UK brand names around is too worrying, I'm gonna guess Kevlar, that that is either the Dixons, or Kingfisher group you work for?

Me - I work as a Business Travel Agent... difference between that and a normal travel agent? - I don't get paid the commision
frown.gif

Mar 24, 2002 at 10:44 AM Post #38 of 129
It's "other" for me, too - I've been working as a freelance computer journalist for various german print & online magazines (including Amiga Special, Happy Computer, CHIP, PC Welt, Computer Channel) since 1987 (I was still in school, then) until Fall 2000, when I got employed at CHIP Online as editor in chief of the hardware section. Now, that we've unified the hardware sections of CHIP (print) and CHIP Online, I'm still the de facto chief of hardware for CHIP Online, but I also edit a lot of hardware articles for the printed CHIP magazine. In addition, I write news and articles for both. It was somewhat difficult to find an appropriate title for my new job, though, so we finally called it chief of quality control.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Mar 24, 2002 at 1:16 PM Post #39 of 129
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan
I'm gonna guess Kevlar, that that is either the Dixons, or Kingfisher group you work for?

Yup. I work for the Kingfisher group. Comet head office actually, based in Hull.

Sound As Ever
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 24, 2002 at 1:27 PM Post #40 of 129
No the worst sign is that artists and musicians are always lumped together like we go hand in hand. I mean what the hell is an "artist/musician" anyways??? There was a time in the early 20th centruy when "artists" and "musicians" were at extreme odds with each other over whos medium provided the best form of expression, and I in fact find myself at extreme odds with artists as well. Mainly because I don't think visual art can express anything close to what music can express on an intellectual level.

There are artists.

And there are Musicians.

What you say is like being a Doctor/Pediatrician

I would have clicked that one, except I am not a artist, being called a artist makes my skin crawl. Even if I was talented with art, I'd not want to be called a artist... To be lumped with the unmotivated, winey, self-centered, punks that largely comprise our "artists" population is not something im interested in.

No offense intended to our true artists members. Although I'm sure there are plenty of you pot smoking college drop outs looking for a free and easy ride out there!!

wink.gif

Mar 24, 2002 at 3:27 PM Post #41 of 129
Quote:

Originally posted by ai0tron
No the worst sign is that artists and musicians are always lumped together like we go hand in hand. I mean what the hell is an "artist/musician" anyways??? There was a time in the early 20th centruy when "artists" and "musicians" were at extreme odds with each other over whos medium provided the best form of expression, and I in fact find myself at extreme odds with musicians as well. Mainly because I don't think music can express anything close to what imagery can express on an intellectual level.

There are artists.

And there are Musicians.

What you say is like being a Doctor/Pediatrician

I would have clicked that one, except I am not a musician, being called a musician makes my skin crawl. Even if I was talented with music, I'd not want to be called a musician... To be lumped with the unmotivated, winey, self-centered, punks that largely comprise our "musician" population is not something im interested in.

No offense intended to our true musician members. Although I'm sure there are plenty of you pot smoking college drop outs looking for a free and easy ride out there!!

aiOtron
I agree the Term 'artist' is a rather blunt catchall.
I consider myself an 'artist' but my artistic activities are diverse,
but tend to err on the 3 dimensional side.
But to define all artistic endeavours in a poll choice would take
another entire poll would it not?
So the artist clasification is fine for me in this case.
Though musician is an artistic passtime/profession and this too could be divided up into many catorgories, I do feel it should not
be lumped in with artist.

Setmenu

Mar 24, 2002 at 5:46 PM Post #42 of 129
Non-Profit Office Monkey and Writer. So I chose other. I'm not a lawyer, I just work for them.

Mar 24, 2002 at 6:15 PM Post #43 of 129
I tried to get an engineer job several times. Some reason I am always turned down. So I will stay on my side of the locomotive and be a laid back conductor. This job is much easier and the pay isn't that much less.
wink.gif

Mar 24, 2002 at 8:02 PM Post #45 of 129
Ecological Geneticist?
Could ya uh...........clarify?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back