Which sennheiser over ear headphones actually have good bass response?
Sep 6, 2011 at 6:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

sneaglebob

100+ Head-Fier
still im a newbie at the high end audio world and since i love great bass response i want to know if any sennheiser over ear headphones have any good bass response?

Sep 6, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #3 of 12

Quote:

I think no all. 
For sure HD555 HD595 are not the best option on Bass response for someone who looks for basshead cans.
My Superluxes are miles away on bass response and punchy bass from my Senn HD555... no way!!

Sep 6, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #4 of 12

Quote:
I think no all. 
For sure HD555 HD595 are not the best option on Bass response for someone who looks for basshead cans.
My Superluxes are miles away on bass response and punchy bass from my Senn HD555... no way!!

Agreed on the 555 and 595 models. They're rather light in that department, and amping doesn't really fix it.

Sep 6, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #5 of 12

Quote:
Agreed on the 555 and 595 models. They're rather light in that department, and amping doesn't really fix it.

ah....

What?

Senn is pretty Dark. The HD5xx series are a little less dark but have more of a punch to their bass then more detail.

Compared to my T50RP(LCD-2):

The bass BOOMS more, so more power
But less defined.

The problem lies in which the bass bleeds into the mids because the pull of the driver in the need for power.
Not enough power, less bass.
More power, more bass.
This is because the HD5xx series doesn't pull much low end bass and needs to grab more from the mids. This creates a more balanced can.

Sep 6, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #6 of 12
For me the hd595 have ZERO bass punch. The  bass is there, but lacking the energy to make it interesting.
I'm not interested by "boomy bass", but true and clean impact, that participate in the excitement of listening music.
More bass , just make the hd595 worse, because the bass is muddy.

Sep 6, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #7 of 12

Quote:
still im a newbie at the high end audio world and since i love great bass response i want to know if any sennheiser over ear headphones have any good bass response?

Heya,

Even the bassiest Sennheiser is not a super bassy headphone.

Get a different headphone.

Very best,

Sep 7, 2011 at 4:41 AM Post #8 of 12
Most of the Sennheiser's considered to be bassy hps, the vintage ones are even more bassy like the eh 2270, HD490/545, HD25ll. For me the Senn bass is dark and no quality, only quantity. I'll highly recommend you to looks into the Ultrasones models that offer a better sound in any regard.

Sep 7, 2011 at 5:07 AM Post #9 of 12
IMO, the HD650s have plentiful bass that is of respectable quality.

Sep 7, 2011 at 5:31 AM Post #11 of 12
I found the bass on my HD438s [after slight modding] to be just nice for RHCP/AM type songs. 
Quantity of bass is very lacking when compared to the usual basshead cans (Sony, Ultrasone, Beyers).

Jul 3, 2012 at 8:33 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:
I found the bass on my HD438s [after slight modding] to be just nice for RHCP/AM type songs. 
Quantity of bass is very lacking when compared to the usual basshead cans (Sony, Ultrasone, Beyers).

I recently upgraded from 439's to 558's and agree that the 43x have great bass for that genre, even bass heavy music sounds great after the 43x burn in, they for sure produced more bass quantity then my 558's but don't sound as good, I do miss them a lot, they did sound amazing, especially for the 80$ I paid for them..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back