Which of these Sennheisers would suit me the best
Jul 19, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #31 of 48
In the OP I just gave examples of music that I like, not necessary music that I listen to alot. Right now I listen to Rihanna and... yea that's it :cold_sweat: But my listening preferences shift with time alot. At christmas I spam Mariah Carey and Wham!, some swedish stuff etc. I LOVE some opera songs. For example Pavarotti singing Ave Maria! Brightmans duo with Bocelli. I don't really keep to a specific genre but instead I just listen to music I like, whether it's rock, pop or opera. As of the presence, I have settled in on the 6xx. It didnt look like the hd58x was there and I dont want to wait for so long. I am already waiting like 2.5 months for that pair to arrive :triportsad: But on the good side I will save some serious money, depite all the taxes and customs. :)
There is one other headphone that came up overnight that i fewl you should know about at the price to consider if not too late

https://www.adorama.com/hmhe560v2.html?emailprice=t&utm_source=rflaid98220

This is more dynamic. Punchier bottom end. Great timbre. Mids are neutral and good. Treble is extended. Definitely north of neutral in upper end but no problem for me personally.

But does need more juice than the hd6xx to really come out. Bot heaps but more than say the o2 amp.

It rocks out more and vocals are good. For me worth the xtra $100 IF you’d look at a more powerful amp. Say something that has 1 watt or more. $300 is fantastic at that price. You’d have to go to $500 plus to get better IMHO

But $200 for the hd6xx is also great if you’re more comfortable with that easier option.

Sorry for maybe throwing a spanner in the works. I actually borrowed a friend’s of mine last night to hear it again

Jul 19, 2018 at 9:21 PM Post #32 of 48
I was first exposed to Motorhead back in 1980 by this British kid who moved to my neighborhood. He put on the Ace of Spades album(one of the greatest albums ever made) and as soon as Lemmy started singing I said"What is this schiit?!?
He is def an acquired taste. I own over 40 Motorhead albums,and actually wept when he passed.
Their version of Heroes by Bowie is also excellent.

Agreed.freddie was def a once in a lifetime talent,but I felt GM had the voice and cred to come close,def better than Paul Rogers and without a doubt better than that talentless hack they have now.

RIP Lemmy & Freddie

And RIP george and prince that have been mentioned

Ps heroes did not impress me as much. Sympathy has been on high rotation in recent weeks with me. Some covers can be dangerous to play with and pull off (bowie’s rebel rebel, blue jeans) but sympathy was fantastic

Jul 19, 2018 at 9:25 PM Post #33 of 48
Ps heroes did not impress me as much. Sympathy has been on high rotation in recent weeks with me.

In all fairness he was already dying from brain cancer when he recorded Heroes,so the trademark ferocity and energy was long gone.

Jul 19, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #34 of 48
Just looked it up and Heroes was recorded in 1977 ?

Jul 19, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #35 of 48
Just looked it up and Heroes was recorded in 1977 ?

"The cover came together during the Bad Magic sessions in 2015 with producer Cameron Webb. It was one of the last songs the heavy metal outfit recorded in the studio before frontman Lemmy Kilmister’s untimely death later that year."

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017...heroes-one-of-lemmys-final-recordings-stream/

That whole album he sounds awful IMO. I saw them at Jones Beach w/ Anthrax on their final US tour. He had to cancel a few dates in Colorado and Utah(IIRC) a cpl weeks prior because he he couldnt breathe. It was so hard to watch him in that condition. I had seen Motorhead several times over the years,so I knew what Lemmy was supposed to sound like.

After the show I looked at my wife and said " He wont last the year".

7 months later he passed.

Jul 19, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #36 of 48
Sorry thought you were talking about Bowie. Remakes of some are just great like Louis Armstrong’s “What a Wonderful World” by Joey Ramone is one of my favorites.

Jul 19, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #37 of 48
Sorry thought you were talking about Bowie. Remakes of some are just great like Louis Armstrong’s “What a Wonderful World” by Joey Ramone is one of my favorites.

You know who did an excellent cover of that song was Terrence Trent Darby('member him?!?) It was on the flip side to one of his hits. Had it back in my DJ years. For the life of me I cant find it anywhere now.

Jul 19, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #38 of 48
Sorry don’t remember that.

Jul 19, 2018 at 10:08 PM Post #39 of 48
The HD600 and HD650 are nearly the same. The only difference is that the HD650 has a little more bass and a little less treble which is really only noticeable if you're A/Bing them. I prefer the HD600 because it sounds more realistic to me. The HD650 makes cymbals sound a little duller than they should. But if one is cheaper, go with that one.

Jul 19, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #40 of 48
Sorry don’t remember that.

I found it! Unfortunately its not the Louis Armstrong song,but still a great version.

Jul 19, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #41 of 48
I would agree the 600 and 650 have the same tonality but different frequency response. Me I would pick the 650’s as they are more musical to me from a Bottlehead Crack and that to me me what is about getting enjoyment for a song and not being technically accurate just enjoying it.

Jul 19, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #42 of 48
I found it! Unfortunately its not the Louis Armstrong song,but still a great version.

Big miss. “I see trees of green and red roses too.”

Jul 19, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #43 of 48
Big miss. “I see trees of green and red roses too.”

Yeah I realized it was a different "What a Wonderful World" as soon as I found it...I hadnt actually heard that version since 1991,so a little slack needs to be cut for this old man :wink:

Jul 19, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #44 of 48
Remakes of some are just great

My alltime fav cover tune is Johnny Cash "Hurt"

Sorry to OP for hijacking your thread

Jul 19, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #45 of 48
My alltime fav cover tune is Johnny Cash "Hurt"

Sorry to OP for hijacking your thread
Johnny cash has some great covers. Including if you could read my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back