Which IEM's Have the Best Soundstage?
Aug 1, 2009 at 4:31 AM Post #91 of 98
I am really fishing for the very best soundstage at this point. It would just have to be the JH-13 Pros. Yet, since I have never heard them, I am hoping that someone who has these and some other top-flight IEM's, could do a comparison test here. Another thought I had is that I think it would be interesting to make an IEM that can both be used standard or open-backed in order to widen the headstage.

Aug 2, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #92 of 98
IE8! isolation is good with me. this issue seems to be very subjective with different kinds of ears. in my case. Im enjoying my magnificent soundstage and getting a good seal as well... ^^

Apr 4, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #93 of 98
I know this thread is old but I'm curious...

Best soundstage today??

I purchased the 535's and thought they were terrible, traded them for UE 900's and thought those were better. Now I have Westone 4R's and love them much more than the UE 900's - but am always wondering what else is out there lol

I also notice that, for me personally, the rubber tips vs the foam ones for all my headphones sound much better. is that odd or is it an indicator I enjoy a specific type of sound?

Thanks!

Apr 27, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #96 of 98
Quote:
I know this thread is old but I'm curious...

Best soundstage today??

I purchased the 535's and thought they were terrible, traded them for UE 900's and thought those were better. Now I have Westone 4R's and love them much more than the UE 900's - but am always wondering what else is out there lol

I also notice that, for me personally, the rubber tips vs the foam ones for all my headphones sound much better. is that odd or is it an indicator I enjoy a specific type of sound?

Thanks!

no this isnt odd. i noticed the same thing with my westone 4r, i tried the shure olives and noticed that the mids and highs didnt extend quite like i expected them to. i then took the olives off and put the silicone westone tips on and the sound was improved 10 fold.

i noticed this too with comply tips, comply tips are extremely comfortable however they seem to veil the sound and cloud the mids and highs. thus i never use foam,olives or comply....only silicone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back