Which IEM?
Oct 13, 2010 at 2:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

HeniC

New Head-Fier
Well my hunt for new IEMs landed me here. I had a pair of Sony MDR-EX75's that lasted me over two years and the wire snapped. I had originally thought of getting the new UE500 but they are taking forever to come out then the UE700 price dropped making them in my range. Now i am so confused reading all these threads. Here are the IEMs that have caught my eye. I am not looking so much as a bang for my buck but I really do not want to go past the $200 mark.

HJE900
UE 700
UE 500
Audéo Perfect Fit Earphones
T-Jays Three
Q-Jays
RE0
Fischer Audio DBA
Etymotic HF5
Image S4 Headphones
Lenntek Pro
Ultimate Ears SuperFi 5 Extended Bass

Comfort is a big thing since I listen for hours and I listen to a lot of different music but I tend to stay in club and house, hip hop, heavy metal, industrial for most of the time. I love good bass. Examples are BT, Opus III,  Rihanna, FLO-rida, NIN , Ministry, Type O Negative.  I am also huge fan of the short cable I work out a lot so I need something sturdy and very short. I saw that at least one of these has detachable cables and that could work out but where would I get replacement cables and does that open a whole slew of more thread reading and confusion? I want to modify as little as possible and I am also really bad with returning and exchanging I tend to never do it

Oct 13, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #5 of 20
FYI there is a difference between good bass and a large quantity of bass (I thought the re0 had awesome bass)
Also you should get used to many view and few responses, it can take 100 views for a response

Oct 14, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #9 of 20
Ive tried the Phonak's, excellent take a look at Jokers review or dig around in the MANY Phonak thread's. The Panasonic's are on the way, can't say much about them The Image S4 best friend is treble sibilance so I don't like them or the S2's. The UE's you mentioned Ive tried the metro fi 200, which is one of their low entry phones, and they were.....horribly clear and first then got to be better. I don't to much believe in burn-in armature wise but hey you never know.

Take a look at this thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-114-iems-compared-fischer-silver-bullet-thinksound-ts02-added-10-08/915#post_6992365

Oct 16, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #11 of 20

Quote:
Thank you! Do you use these yourself?

well not really my profile shaws whati have mostly anyway, they dont often get heard

Quote:
Can anyone give a comparison of the Denon AH-C751 and the Q Jays?

denons have big dark cold kick ass powerful kick you in the balls bass.  the Q's ar bass light, refined airy and polite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back