Which headphones look the most expensive to you (Regardless of price)?
Mar 24, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #76 of 99

For the record, both headphones I've posted are far more expensive than any of the others (not counting out-of-production models like the Sennheiser Orpheus)...but I can't mention their prices unless the thread starter changes the rules.
tongue.gif

On head I bet these look dorky with how big those cups look, but on that stand they look incredible. What brand and model is this? These would be a nice piece just like that for decor. I wouldn't even care if they were functional or not. If I was loaded I'd buy those just to display somewhere showing my love of music and things that look fly.

Mar 24, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #78 of 99
  On head I bet these look dorky with how big those cups look, but on that stand they look incredible. What brand and model is this? These would be a nice piece just like that for decor. I wouldn't even care if they were functional or not. If I was loaded I'd buy those just to display somewhere showing my love of music and things that look fly.

Yeah, what brand and model are these, how do they sound and how uncomfortable (heavy) are they?

Final Audio Design Pandora SE.

It is a limited edition of the Pandora Hope X and is based on the discontinued MURAMASA VIII prototype.

The price is
8,000-10,000 EUR

Very few people have heard or worn it, since it's ultra-rare.

Weight and comfort are two separate things. If a heavier headphone is designed better, it can be more comfortable than a light one, though that thing does not look comfortable at all.

Mar 24, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #79 of 99

Final Audio Design Pandora SE.

It is a limited edition of the Pandora Hope X and is based on the discontinued MURAMASA VIII prototype.

The price is
8,000-10,000 EUR

Very few people have heard or worn them, since it's ultra-rare.

*cough* A true bargain!
No, seriously, how do they sound?
I see the Hope X costs 4k€. Company based in bloody Holland no less.
Those Dutchies musta'been smokin'!              

Edit: Japanese made, sold by a Dutch company. The 4k€ version is partially made of gold, there's a normal version at 649€ as well.

Mar 24, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #82 of 99
  Edited my above post by the way, there's a normal version without gold as well.
Seems like a bs company at first sight.
But this thread is not about quality, it's about looks! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Final Audio Design is well known for making good-sounding headphones, for what it's worth. And you probably looked at a different model entirely to find that lower price.

Mar 24, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #83 of 99
  Edited my above post by the way, there's a normal version without gold as well.
Seems like a bs company at first sight.
But this thread is not about quality, it's about looks! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Yeah that's why I wouldn't care if they were functional or not. They would just be decor if I bought them, but yeah, at that price I'd have to be loaded for sure. lol

Mar 25, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #87 of 99

Final Audio Design is well known for making good-sounding headphones, for what it's worth. And you probably looked at a different model entirely to find that lower price.

I looked into them a little and they seem to be well regarded ... as portable headphones meant to be driven from a portable player.
I wonder if they would do it for me since I only use my phones at home from a desktop amp.
I looked at the Pandora 4 and 6, the 10 is about the same I guess but with gold. Won't do much for the sound I think.

Mar 25, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #88 of 99

Mar 25, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #90 of 99
Mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back