Which headphones look the most expensive to you (Regardless of price)?
Mar 23, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #62 of 99
I feel like all the lineup of audeze other than lcd-2, since they sound about the same to my ears, well unless you have like long listen with them, but with like the 2 hours? I had with the lcd-3 and like 3weeks of having the lcd-2, I never could hear a difference i guess, I did, but very minuscule, if someone would put audeze lcd-3 no one on earth would know unless they open it up and see the diff. and of course there is crap that i dont have to explain..

Mar 23, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #63 of 99
Also in the CIEM, and IEMs section, I feel like noble audio is a bit pricy for what they offer I guess??? I mean they are pretty darn awesome pair of buds but i would go with other companies than noble, but you know, its the "wizard" made righte???? so it must be worth it.
cool.gif

Mar 23, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #64 of 99

I don't know, kind of a Chinese/StarWars thing going on this year?

Mar 23, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #66 of 99

Mar 23, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #70 of 99
Mar 24, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #73 of 99

Both were pricey. The Sony did look like it indeed, the Ultrasone just looks bling. At least to me. 

They looked pricey in different ways. The Sony has that refined expensive look and feel to it. The Ultrasone while a bit too gaudy looking for my tastes still looked and felt expensive. The Sony sound wise was much better though. 

Mar 24, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #74 of 99
  They looked pricey in different ways. The Sony has that refined expensive look and feel to it. The Ultrasone while a bit too gaudy looking for my tastes still looked and felt expensive. The Sony sound wise was much better though. 

I do agree the Ultrasone looks expensive, just in a "bling" kind of way which is just not my taste.
Indeed the Ultrasone is no match for the Sony sonically. Apart from the phones being stomped into the ground here on HF, with only a few defenders, I did hear them myself from an audiophile friend that has a really nice speaker setup and just bought these phones thinking they were good. I didn't like the sound at all just like I didn't like the Ruthenium phones (don't remember model name) from Ultrasone as well when I heard them in a shop. 
Everyone seems to be fond of their Pro 900s though, maybe I should give those a try. As far as I understand they should be in the same line as a HD650 or Sony Z7. Good for certain types of music, usually not so well recorded.

Mar 24, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #75 of 99

I do agree the Ultrasone looks expensive, just in a "bling" kind of way which is just not my taste.
Indeed the Ultrasone is no match for the Sony sonically. Apart from the phones being stomped into the ground here on HF, with only a few defenders, I did hear them myself from an audiophile friend that has a really nice speaker setup and just bought these phones thinking they were good. I didn't like the sound at all just like I didn't like the Ruthenium phones (don't remember model name) from Ultrasone as well when I heard them in a shop. 
Everyone seems to be fond of their Pro 900s though, maybe I should give those a try. As far as I understand they should be in the same line as a HD650 or Sony Z7. Good for certain types of music, usually not so well recorded.

Yeah, I felt the same, but I did like it somewhat look wise. I personally think the bass heavy R10 is the best dynamic headphone ever made though at least to my ears. I didn't like the Edition 10's sound at all either, not my style and didn't sound right to my ears. I haven't heard a lot of Ultrasones, but the ones I have heard were never to my liking. I haven't had the chance to ever hear the Pro 900, I should audition them if I ever get the chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back