Which headphones look the most expensive to you (Regardless of price)?
Aug 4, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #16 of 99

No explanation necessary.
biggrin.gif

Looks like ghetto market "Ogirinal Beats" going for $20. 

Aug 5, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #23 of 99
Yeah, I was just fooling around. Sorry. I thought it was a good joke--it's certainly what I would do with those.

Aug 5, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #24 of 99
  Expensive looking huh..

The HD800's, all Audeze's except for the XC, and all wooden grado's.

Wouldn't it be fun to also note the non-expensive looking headphones, that are actually quite expensive?
Here, i'll start.
The almighty Stax SR009 looks pretty cheap, and so do the HE60 baby orpheus, and HE90 orpheus.

If you're honest with yourself the audeze look like they were from the 1960's and honestly not that expensive. The connecting unit from the cups to the headband looks thin and thrown together. 

Not sure if the term "headphone" encompasses anything that produces audio in the ears. If so I find the Shure 846's to look very impressive. Small tightly packed electronics I've always associated with being costly. 

If not I really can't see a headphone looking more "expensive" without gimmicks (gold, diamonds etc) then the Ultrasone edition 10 Headphones

Wood grain, brushed alumium, leather, no plastic and looking like a $100,000 luxury car in a pair of headphones.

Aug 5, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #25 of 99
If not I really can't see a headphone looking more "expensive" without gimmicks (gold, diamonds etc) then the Ultrasone edition 10 Headphones  
Wood grain, brushed alumium, leather, no plastic and looking like a $100,000 luxury car in a pair of headphones.

For the record, both headphones I've posted are far more expensive than any of the others (not counting out-of-production models like the Sennheiser Orpheus)...but I can't mention their prices unless the thread starter changes the rules.
tongue.gif

Aug 5, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #26 of 99

For the record, both headphones I've posted are far more expensive than any of the others (not counting out-of-production models like the Sennheiser Orpheus)...but I can't mention their prices unless the thread starter changes the rules.
tongue.gif

The purpose of this forum is what looks expensive. What makes this hard is most people look at price and they automatically think something "looks" expensive because it is. The headphones you posted above like the audezes put all the effort into designing the cups and then just throw anything for the headband.

Aug 5, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #27 of 99

tongue.gif

The purpose of this forum is what looks expensive. What makes this hard is most people look at price and they automatically think something "looks" expensive because it is. The headphones you posted above like the audezes put all the effort into designing the cups and then just throw anything for the headband.

Effective design and looking expensive are two separate things, though.
wink_face.gif

But yes, that model I just posted is by a company that is notorious for heavy, uncomfortable design. Still looks and sounds nice, at least.

Sep 14, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #28 of 99
The Sennheiser HD 600/650 does not look like a premium headphone. They are made almost entirely of plastic that does not scream "high end" to me. I know this is kind of the flip-side of the question, but this is what came to mind.

Sep 14, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #29 of 99
Anything wooden:  Denon D7000, all the Audeze LCD especially LCD-XC, HD800, magnum grados that Martin makes with the gimbals, etc look very expensive. I didn't think TH-900 looked like TOTL..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back