Which headphones look the most expensive to you (Regardless of price)?
Sep 14, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #31 of 99
  Sennheiser HD 800 in my opinion.  No question.

No questions? All plastic headphone? Non-stitched earpads? Bland headband pad?   I get the sennheiser 800's are expensive and they might sound good but in terms of looks they are no where near the most expensive looking pair of headphones. 

Ultrasone 10's EASILY more expensive looking. Woodgrain, expensive metals, REAL leather pads, almost no plastic. 

Sep 15, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #32 of 99

No questions? All plastic headphone? Non-stitched earpads? Bland headband pad?   I get the sennheiser 800's are expensive and they might sound good but in terms of looks they are no where near the most expensive looking pair of headphones. 

Ultrasone 10's EASILY more expensive looking. Woodgrain, expensive metals, REAL leather pads, almost no plastic. 

The HD 800 looks like space age tech.  Plus it's not like it has fake leather earpads.  I never really looked at Ultrasone before.  That one's looks do match its price, but man is it ugly.

Sep 15, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #33 of 99
  Sennheiser HD 800 in my opinion.  No question.

I'm getting those soon!
biggrin.gif

The HD 800 looks like space age tech.

I agree about the futuristic look, but cheap toys can also look futuristic.

The STAX SR-009 looks much more expensive...and is.

Oct 4, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #34 of 99

Uhh I don't know what you are talking about in terms of the HD 800 being an all plastic headphone... 

Mar 21, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #35 of 99
They also sound great and feels just right on even large heads.

Mar 21, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #36 of 99

No explanation necessary.
biggrin.gif

Looks as cheap as a heroin hooker. The combination of that silly "b" and the bling swarovskis make me wanna throw up. Or to be clear: they look as bad as they sound. 
biggrin.gif

Expensive looks according to my taste?

L3000G
L3000
W3000ANV
LA-900 if the choice of wood is right. Some types of Cocobolo, Bocote, Ebony, Rosewood, Shedua, Limba and Maple.

And these sound amazing as well.

Mar 21, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #42 of 99
  Now, I'm in love with the Shure SRH1540s, but the headband cuts my head in half. Do you have that problem? I will no doubt buy them again, but that headband is teeeeerrible.

It irritated me a bit when I first got them but I can wear them for 5+ hours now and I never notice it... I adjusted them so they are not pushing on top of head, most comfortable headphones I have ever owned.

Mar 21, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #43 of 99

I don't like those and think the HD800 looks better, the edition 8 look nice though. I don't like brown leather etc. I like the audeze headphones but they are very heavy and expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back