Which headphones do you use for PC gaming?
Nov 17, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #438 of 502
Just purchased a Z1R for everyday usage and gaming. First impressions are not that great. Thick, congested and some frequencies are boosted enough to drown out quiet footsteps for directional queues.

Going to give it another week. I’ll do a bit of tweaking and adjusting before I make my final decision.

Looks like I might still be on the hunt for a TOTL closed back headphone that’s excels in competitive gaming.

Dec 5, 2021 at 10:42 PM Post #439 of 502
Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro with stock pads.

Dec 21, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #441 of 502
I'm using a Yeti X Pro USB for my gaming, I use the 1990's for both music and gaming. I sit it just behind and the side of my monitor, and it still works great.

Dec 31, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #442 of 502
Steelseries Arctis Pro with the dac. I much prefer this to the massdrop 650.
very good as a headphone, good mic. solid bass and clear treble, great balance and comfortable. aftermarket pads are available; presently have angled on.

four downsides; 1, mute/enable button for the mic...it's right wear you will reach while putting the headphone on/off.....and 2, the disco flashing/pulsing lights.. which can be turned off. 3, often switches profiles from headset to speaker without prompting. very easy to change that profile back. 4, proprietary connector for the headphones from the dac. the line out in the back of the dac can be used with other audio equipment ie; amp

otherwise very musical and reasonably priced and often updated firmware / software
i'm a little surprised it doesn't get mentioned on headfi as a find.
the downsides are very minor

Jan 9, 2022 at 9:50 PM Post #443 of 502
Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro with stock pads.
I use these as well with my t1 2nd gens. dt 1990s are some great fps headphones.

Jan 12, 2022 at 12:20 AM Post #445 of 502
Steelseries Arctis Pro with the dac. I much prefer this to the massdrop 650.
very good as a headphone, good mic. solid bass and clear treble, great balance and comfortable. aftermarket pads are available; presently have angled on.

four downsides; 1, mute/enable button for the mic...it's right wear you will reach while putting the headphone on/off.....and 2, the disco flashing/pulsing lights.. which can be turned off. 3, often switches profiles from headset to speaker without prompting. very easy to change that profile back. 4, proprietary connector for the headphones from the dac. the line out in the back of the dac can be used with other audio equipment ie; amp

otherwise very musical and reasonably priced and often updated firmware / software
i'm a little surprised it doesn't get mentioned on headfi as a find.
the downsides are very minor
I've been using the Arctis Pro Wireless for years and I love it. That was right up until I began to experience issues with the speaker for one ear while out of warranty (2-year warranty). Steelseries doesn't offer any post-warranty repair service and so I have a wonderful $330 paperweight. I don't want to be in this situation again so I'm comparing a few different midrange headphones which will have higher sound quality anyway. Steelseries makes great products so I'm sad to move away from them, but I want something I can continue to use for a long time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back