Which headphones do you use for PC gaming?
Feb 5, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #76 of 502

Ha!  Wouldn't be a bad idea if I could afford them.  I'm trying to stay within the $50-75 range.  

Superlux models, or maybe Takstar. Right on your price range. 

The Presonus HD7 (another K240 clone) is also a beast at that price range.

Feb 5, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #77 of 502
Are those significantly better than S400?  S400 sounded pretty incredible straight out of the box and have only gotten better over time for me.  I've been burning them in rather sparsely and I've found the bass is getting punchier from one week to the next. 

I've heard good things about the Superlux other than its cheap design and need for a bit of creative modding.  I'd make the plunge if they were significantly better, but if it's relatively close then I'll hold off.

The suggestion for the zalman mic seems promising though.. maybe I can sell my Carcharias..

Feb 5, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #78 of 502
  Are those significantly better than S400?  S400 sounded pretty incredible straight out of the box and have only gotten better over time for me.  I've been burning them in rather sparsely and I've found the bass is getting punchier from one week to the next. 

I've heard good things about the Superlux other than its cheap design and need for a bit of creative modding.  I'd make the plunge if they were significantly better, but if it's relatively close then I'll hold off.

The suggestion for the zalman mic seems promising though.. maybe I can sell my Carcharias..

No idea - I've never heard the S400.
All I do know is that if you buy some velour AKG pads, stick those on the HD7, and put some damping foam/cotton balls (cheap as free) etc in the headphone for extra damping, you've got a slightly bright headphone that competes in some ways with other headphones up to around $200-300. If you're willing to tame the treble a bit with EQ, you've got a headphone that EASILY competes with many others in the $200-300 price range.

Feb 9, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #79 of 502
Using the PC360 Headset...

The PC360 is just a really brilliant Headphone itself so i put this over many other Headphones i tested like the AD700, AKG701, MMX300 or HD598. The AD700 has almost the best Soundstage of these but i hate the bloody Highs. AKG701 is just meh i dont know even with a STX i dont feel its noticeable better then the PC360s. MMX300 is too bassy and has the smallest Soundstage (its closed yea), for fun its fantastic but not for cs:go competetive Gaming.

PC360 is just so smooth and has a good Mic on it so i decided to keep them. I all the time wanted to try the A40s at some time just to know how these compare for myself vs the 360s.

Feb 17, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #82 of 502
HD 650's. I bought a Turtle Beach XP Seven for voice, but haven't used it yet.

Feb 17, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #83 of 502
Been using the AD700s with a Xonar DG for about a year now.  Love the comfort and soundstage--great in all directions.  But I find some of the treble a bit harsh/fatiguing and it makes my VOIP software sound grating.  Serious lack of bass is also an obvious concern.

Just ordered the Philips X1, will use it with my existing Zalman clip mic.

Feb 17, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #84 of 502
  Using the PC360 Headset...

The PC360 is just a really brilliant Headphone itself so i put this over many other Headphones i tested like the AD700, AKG701, MMX300 or HD598. The AD700 has almost the best Soundstage of these but i hate the bloody Highs. AKG701 is just meh i dont know even with a STX i dont feel its noticeable better then the PC360s. MMX300 is too bassy and has the smallest Soundstage (its closed yea), for fun its fantastic but not for cs:go competetive Gaming.

PC360 is just so smooth and has a good Mic on it so i decided to keep them. I all the time wanted to try the A40s at some time just to know how these compare for myself vs the 360s.

How's the HD598 compared to PC360? Is it basically the same SQ/Soundstage but with mic?

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #87 of 502
  Been using the AD700s with a Xonar DG for about a year now.  Love the comfort and soundstage--great in all directions.  But I find some of the treble a bit harsh/fatiguing and it makes my VOIP software sound grating.  Serious lack of bass is also an obvious concern.

Just ordered the Philips X1, will use it with my existing Zalman clip mic.

You might be interested in this: http://amzn.com/B00BJ17WKK

Works fantastically with the X1's

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #88 of 502
As someone who has played multiple competitive FPS's, Halo was easily the least necessary for top tier surround as there weren't good footsteps like in Counter-Strike and CoD.

I obviously played a bit better with my mixamp on and in dolby, but it wasn't as vital as your positioning, communication and visual cues were way more important, while I find positional audio much more necessary in Black Ops 2 and Ghosts.

Feb 20, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #90 of 502
Philips Fidelio X1. Always a great starting/end point for all gaming purposes. Pair it up with a BoomPro if wanting to use voice chat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back