Which headphones do you use for PC gaming?
Feb 20, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #91 of 498
I just saw these on Maximum PC.com. I don't know tons about specs and assume they are somewhat deceiving, but if nothing else they look awesome. But for $350, wonder how they will be compared to others listed here.

http://www.feenixcollection.com/aria.html

Feb 20, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #92 of 498
Philips Fidelio X1. Always a great starting/end point for all gaming purposes. Pair it up with a BoomPro if wanting to use voice chat.

Just want to quote and say this x100.

If you can get the fit for the MA900 to work for you and a killer deal on them, I like them a lot too, but the convenience of the X1 with the 3.5mm detachable cable in conjunction with the Vmoda BoomPro headset (with inline volume and mute switch) is just too great to pass up.

Good soundstage, detail, accuracy and bass that you wouldn't expect from an open headphone and comfortable once you get it adjusted to your head. It beat out the MA900, Q701 and my former AD700s for me.

Feb 20, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #93 of 498
My budget has always been well below $100 (closer to $50), but the more I hear about the X1's, the more I regret the time that I passed when it came down to $150 on Amazon about a month ago.  

It's like.. by the time I've tried 3-4 different $40 cans, I will have spent as much as if I bought the X1s, and probably won't have found anything that were as good as X1s.  

Mar 3, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #95 of 498

thanks..

any recommendation of amplifier ? im afraid my motherboard is not strong enough to drive headphones..

If you're talking about a PC and have a PCI/PCI-E slot free, just buy an Asus Xonar DG or DGX (same, just one is PCI one is PCI-E) for $30-35 and don't worry about an amp. It has a built in headphone amplifier and is more than enough to drive the X1's for cheap. They aren't the most demanding headphones and while others may be able to comment on this more than me, I don't feel like a standalone $100+ amp would get that much more out of them.

Mar 6, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #96 of 498
Those Fidelio X1s sure do have a purdy mouth
ksc75smile.gif
. Wish I could venture into the open-headphone world, but with paperthin walls I'm stuck deciding between pairs of closed cans. 

Currently trying to decide between getting a set of Ultrasone Pro 900's, or some Q40's with Alpha pads, or waiting for the release/review of those HDH50s M-Audios putting out. 
confused_face_2.gif

Mar 6, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #97 of 498
@bhazard just posted this in the Chinese thread.  Though I'd copy it here.. they look really slick:

Sades A60 "Spellond" 7.1 Simulated USB headset (with vibration)

If you want a nice alternative to Logitech headsets, this new Sades flagship is fantastic.

You get to choose 3 bass vibration levels: none, moderate vibrating, and a crapload of vibration. Explosions have that extra tactile feel, which brings you into the game. Music has that extra bump which also gets you more involved. Works well with 2 channel music in 2CH mode, and does an excellent job with simulated 7.1 as well.

The mic folds up into the headset, making it disappear when not in use. Sleek. The OFC kevlar like cable is also sleek.

The cups of the earphone cycle between 3 different colors in a timed fashion, because why not?

Sound quality is good. Warm, bassy, clear, not as retrieving in minute details as a $150+ headphone, but it isn't too bad either. Rap music with these ear subs attached to your head sounds awesome.

The best part? They should work without issue on a PS4 in stereo mode too.

For $65, these are my new go to gaming headset. If I could get this to work with my Xbox One... they would be a full on Turtle Beach killer in every possible way.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Arrival-Sades-A60-vibration-earphones-usb-game-headphone-7-1-Sound-Channel-computer-gaming-headset/1682907036.html

Mar 7, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #98 of 498
Those Fidelio X1s sure do have a purdy mouth :ksc75smile: . Wish I could venture into the open-headphone world, but with paperthin walls I'm stuck deciding between pairs of closed cans. 

Currently trying to decide between getting a set of Ultrasone Pro 900's, or some Q40's with Alpha pads, or waiting for the release/review of those HDH50s M-Audios putting out. :confused_face_2:  

Unless they are in the same room as you, open headphones will NOT leak through walls.

Mar 7, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #100 of 498
Yeah man, open backed headphones may not even be heard with the doors open and someone in the living room if you're in a bedroom. The only people that might complain is someone in the same room as you.

Apr 6, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #101 of 498
Am using

HiFiMan HE-400 through a RadioShack 40 watt PA which shockingly makes the HE-400 sing like a million bucks compared to my Onkyo TX-8555 stereo receiver which has to be turned up pretty loud to bring out the details. It must be the orthodynamic design of the HE-400 needing the extra volume. With the RadioShack PA there is plenty of detail and power without having to go near the halfway mark on the volume knob.

Sennheiser HD 280 Pro nice full sound warm and bassy with enough detail in the treble to satisfy a treble head like me.

Audio Technica Ath AD-700 excellent sound which always satisfies with the soundstage and sparkly treble.

Ultrasone HFI-780 similar to the AD-700 but a lot more bass and closed. Very nice soundstage and fantastic for movies as well. When watching episodes of LOST I felt like I was right there on the island with them.

Aug 23, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #102 of 498
Thoughts on Beyerdynamic DT-990 for gaming, seeing only a couple varying replys here? Was seeing reviews of these being better than SENN598s. I would like good all-around but they would be 80-90% PC FPS like Counter-Strike. $150 for 250ohm-pro version, i have asus xonar d1 and would buy an amp if needed. Open to other suggestions also. Budget <$350. I do want something thats going to last for a long time also, no flimsy feels.

Oct 27, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #104 of 498
Hi All,

If I have a budget of under US$100 what would you recommend for gaming?

Games: CS:GO, BF4, COD, League of legends, DOTA 2, Tomb Raider
Some music and movies
But primarily Gaming

I would also need a mic build in or easily modded.

I have a Asus Z97 motherboard with onboard audio. It's a realtek chipset I think
http://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VII_RANGER/

Thanks,
K.

Oct 28, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #105 of 498
I'm using my HD650's for gaming, the positional audio is excellent, and my flatmate hasn't said anything about sound leaking, which I thought might be more of a problem with open headphones + gunshots

Users who are viewing this thread

Back