WHICH COWON PRODUCT HAS THE BEST SOUND QUALITY ?
Mar 5, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #31 of 60
If my X5L will not die for another 5-6 years I already own, it will not go anywhere. Just recently it got a new battery and headphone jack installed, at Cowon S.Korea, the best service after Philips Holland I have expirience with, the shipping was 70% of costs to, so, who is the bad up here?
Just bought i10 for my wife, dont know how long this one will last.

THX

May 7, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #32 of 60
GUY come on i also want to know X9 vs S9 !!!!!! i can get the X9 here in singapore and i want one but there is also a THE HISOUNDAUDIO ROCOO BA that is the same price i only want sound quality i dont care about video software blah blah just sound my HTC One will handle my other media , but i must know X9 or HISOUNDAUDIO ROCOO BA ??????? PLEASE help i must know !!!!! i use TF10 remolded for portable use but i have a C&C X02 amp and a Shure SRH- 1840 at the office and i want to use it there too !!!! PLEASE Guys i will give you a cookie LOL

May 13, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #33 of 60
I have a Z2 and the SQ is superb. The only complaint is on one or two of my albums occasionally there is a knocking sound.  When using the internet it really heats up and has crashed a couple of times and then today out of the blue it just stopped working completely.  I've only had it two months! It seems from reading this thread that most people have found their Cowon players to be very reliable so are there any other Z2 users on here that can share their experiences?

I must stress in the short time I have had the player I have fallen in love with it! The sound is so involving and rich, yet crisp and taut, compliments my Audio Technia headphone beautifully.   It looks very simple and understated yet classy and I want to get another one, but if its not going to last then! I am getting a refund from amazon so was wonder if people would reccomend another Z2 or a different Cowon. Also no Apple device can match the SQ on the Z2 when the jet effect settings are properly set up to your tastes. 

May 14, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #34 of 60
Quote:
I have a Z2 and the SQ is superb. The only complaint is on one or two of my albums occasionally there is a knocking sound.  When using the internet it really heats up and has crashed a couple of times and then today out of the blue it just stopped working completely.  I've only had it two months! It seems from reading this thread that most people have found their Cowon players to be very reliable so are there any other Z2 users on here that can share their experiences?

I must stress in the short time I have had the player I have fallen in love with it! The sound is so involving and rich, yet crisp and taut, compliments my Audio Technia headphone beautifully.   It looks very simple and understated yet classy and I want to get another one, but if its not going to last then! I am getting a refund from amazon so was wonder if people would reccomend another Z2 or a different Cowon. Also no Apple device can match the SQ on the Z2 when the jet effect settings are properly set up to your tastes. 

get a different cowon , the android cowon is known to be rather less than stellar quality compared to their other product or other android device, as they are made with outdated components

the other cowons like the S9, J3, the X9 is known to be reliable as hell , not so with the d3 or the Z2

May 16, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #36 of 60
imo, the cowon i tried only have a very minor difference in SQ (I tried the C2,D2, J3, X9 , and the D3), extremely minor that can be covered once you tweak the BBE, I never really read into much of the Z2 , but iirc the cowon that get the best reputation is probably the J3 or the X9

May 16, 2013 at 5:46 AM Post #37 of 60
i love my s9 too bad that after 5 years it died.. the d20 is horrible IMO, you need to tinker with the EQ for it to sound like the S9 without it, highs are pitchy, lows are way to strong and the middle is swallowed by that 

May 16, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #39 of 60
I was looking at the S9 even though its been discontinued, but can find one for sale anywhere! Every review, everyone that's had one seems to have been delighted with it. So now I have absolutely no idea what to get. 

Sep 17, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #41 of 60
  here, in korea, you can find used j3's for less than 60dollars, in excellent shape, almost unused (most people seem to buy these or get them as gifts, and never use them - they use their phones for music instead.).
used s9's are often less than 40dollara.
used d2's less than 30dollars.
d2+'s the same.
used d3's and z2's, pricier, but can be had for half a new one's cost.

Just out of curiosity, where in Korea did you find those? I currently live in Seoul and would love to pick up a Cowon or two at those prices!

Sep 19, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #42 of 60

Just out of curiosity, where in Korea did you find those? I currently live in Seoul and would love to pick up a Cowon or two at those prices!

danawa had an easy link system to used electronics before their site redesign. now it is accessible from the top menu i think the second link from the left... but i am not sure.

just follow mp3 and cowon (고원) and roll. lately i have seen no old d2s... last year, there were a few up on that site each month.
mine was working, so i tracked them.
i actually went to a d3 (used, that site) after i dropped my d2 and also ruined the sd card. got a fantastic deal on this unit and, though i honestly liked the old d2 better (size was perfect for my needs, plus such a rockboxable powerful amp, and cheap memory, with the best battery life ever, and parts are cheap!).
the d3 is... ok. also rockboxed, but not so convenient. hardware buttons are, well, sometimes useful. otherwise slow and buggy side-apps. still a very good sound and drives the budget superlux phones w/o a hitch. battery life is a failure, however, and this is ultimately my deal-breaker...

people, here, get these things for gifts, and then listen to music with their fones, so they sit in drawers, in closets, in original boxes, and forgotten - get tossed. too bad.
keep on eye on danawa - the used site is green in trim, the retail is blue...

Sep 19, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #43 of 60

danawa had an easy link system to used electronics before their site redesign. now it is accessible from the top menu i think the second link from the left... but i am not sure.

just follow mp3 and cowon (고원) and roll. lately i have seen no old d2s... last year, there were a few up on that site each month.
mine was working, so i tracked them.
i actually went to a d3 (used, that site) after i dropped my d2 and also ruined the sd card. got a fantastic deal on this unit and, though i honestly liked the old d2 better (size was perfect for my needs, plus such a rockboxable powerful amp, and cheap memory, with the best battery life ever, and parts are cheap!).
the d3 is... ok. also rockboxed, but not so convenient. hardware buttons are, well, sometimes useful. otherwise slow and buggy side-apps. still a very good sound and drives the budget superlux phones w/o a hitch. battery life is a failure, however, and this is ultimately my deal-breaker...

people, here, get these things for gifts, and then listen to music with their fones, so they sit in drawers, in closets, in original boxes, and forgotten - get tossed. too bad.
keep on eye on danawa - the used site is green in trim, the retail is blue...

Cool site, while i cant read Hangul, Google translate does enough to be able to make the site navigable (sort of). I didn't find the green trimmed site but I believe i found the used section anyway, see below.

In the left-most, drop-down menu of the menu-bar across the top of the site click the MP3/PMP brand you want, scroll down a little bit to the list of products... and this is where it gets a bit dicey... there are three tabs at the top of that list the left-most seems to be retail and the right most seems to be the used section (i could be wrong,Google doesn't translate everything). Unsure what the middle tab is but there was nothing listed in it.

Thank you for the update jinya!

Sep 20, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #44 of 60
I am a huge fan of the D2+'s sound (paired with the Digizoid Zo and Brainwavz B2). The unit has a small soundstage with a slightly warm but fairly neutral sound, that pairing is a very intimate, lush and fast-sounding experience. It is my reference pairing, especially for female vocals. It is pretty bad for heavy metal, I will admit.

The X7 sounds different, it has a bigger soundstage and is far more neutral. The Zo doesn't seem to like it much and I tend to get bored listening to it, regardless of EQ settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back