which can do you vote for?
Sep 11, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #2 of 26
Sep 11, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #4 of 26
Oh no...the banned part don't pay attention to that... and it's not an ad  :) nor was he affiliated with them as far as anyone knows. It's a solid company. Check other threads about them too even there's plenty. ( 762 hits in here when you search SUPERLUX ) It's just that that particular one was chock full of good info all in one spot.

Definitely look through that thread.  Nothing I can say here can top those people's impressions.

In fact in that same thread you will see that a few people mention isolation for drummers in studios. In there somewhere.
It has nothing whatsoever to do with the guy banned. The thread is full of peoples impressions. They are a huge bang-for buck product line.
They also make recording microphones etc.
Do read it it will be worth your while.
The 662f ( a monitoring one ) is really good for what it costs. Superlux charts say it has a frequency response similar to a shure 440 ( it's what they compare it to anyhow ) the other closed one is the 669 which hits the bass a bit harder I think.

I'm sure you'll get swamped with other suggestions too.

Sep 12, 2011 at 12:10 AM Post #5 of 26
The JVC HARX700 are good enough for you purpose.  I hear a ton of good things about them and for the price you really cannot go wrong. 

Also the Superlux HD668B is only $49 and is recommended by headroom.

Hope that helps.

Sep 12, 2011 at 12:18 AM Post #6 of 26
Sep 12, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #9 of 26
Sep 13, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #12 of 26
Try a Panasonic HTF 600 Step.. Because the mids are right on your ear and the bass it is way more fuller and dynamic than the HARX700 with better stage and clarity.. The Pansonics are shockingly good for not just your needs but they are just absolutely awesome sounding set of cans for $30.. I have many of the ones you listed.. These Pansonics will not disappoint you.. Not just for drums, for music and even games..

Sep 13, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #13 of 26
Just to clarify that thread I linked is about the 600 model not the 890's like you may have thought.

Sep 13, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #15 of 26
Oh those are mainly as far as i can tell, and from what i have read, appealing to the RETRO trend. I don't think they will approach the quality of the 600's(?)  Pretty sure  others can testify to this (?) Have a close look at the pads, overall build quality of the two. If looks are more important...
 I hesitate to say due to not having heard them, just a hunch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back