Which Are the Most UNcomfortable Cans on the Planet?
Jan 24, 2006 at 1:33 PM Post #46 of 109
Don't know if grados are THE most uncomfortables, but certainly are among the best qualified for the title
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 25, 2006 at 9:59 PM Post #47 of 109
I've just come across 2004 Stereophile
Recommended Components list:
Class B: Grado SR125i
"Not for one instant were they aurally or physically fatiguing.
they were simultaneously musical and revealing of every
nuance I recorded, but were amazingly comfortable on my head -
more than headphone I've ever used".

Class: C
"The SR60 offers a rather dark-toned balance, with a full bass
and ecxcellent resolution of detail.
A more forward midrange, however uncomfortable."

As I said above, I tried SR125, liked their sound, but couldn't bear the discomfort!

See you on the Confused
blink.gif
Side of the Moon

Adam

Jan 25, 2006 at 10:06 PM Post #48 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnine
I'd say the Grado 325i with flats. With used & plush bowls they were ok, but the hard flats combined with the weight of the cups was almost unbearable.

Weird, I used to find them most comfortable with flats.

Jan 25, 2006 at 11:40 PM Post #51 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by augustwest
I would nominate the Koss Pro 4A's as the most un-comfortable headphone, followed by the Grado line as a runner-up.

- augustwest

Koss Pro3A's hurt like a bitch. I kinda miss them though. Didn't sound all that great but they were fun and I grew attached to them.

Jan 26, 2006 at 7:15 AM Post #53 of 109
I suppose no one has mentioned the stax 303 because there really not that uncomfortable but they get really hot after 30min of listening. What I do is take of the plastic structure that holds the earspeakers toghether (and lay down) and place them beside my ears... not touching them. There is some loss in detail but the base get better, it sounds more 3d and the comfort issue is gone because they are not even touching my head.

Jan 26, 2006 at 8:17 AM Post #57 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
i wonder how the jecklin floats feel . . . but I'd have to say (from my limited experience) grados with bowls. Bearable, but not fuzzy wuzzy comfy.

I recall the floats being relatively comfortable.

Worst? hmmm UE custom IEMs if they don't fit right...
wink.gif
Of course if they do they can be the among the absolute most comfortable.

Consistantly poor comfort level has to go to Grado or a new pair of Senn HD 280s, but the 280s get comfy over time.

Jan 26, 2006 at 10:40 AM Post #59 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seijang
I dont want to seem like a party pooper but..

please stop creating threads that only generate a lot of responses with no real point.

maybe you like grado but are afraid to say it??

Jan 26, 2006 at 11:11 AM Post #60 of 109
Quote:

The cabinet or folder you are trying to access does not exist.

Heh...

I think this is an interesting thread.

At least it is ABOUT headphones, unlike so many other useless / off-topic thread posts in this forum, just because it happens to be the topmost forum on the whole board
smily_headphones1.gif

Back to topic...

I don't find grado's that uncomfortable (haven't tried all the versions and all the pads), and thankfully the headband can often be bent.

Some supra-aural models with unbendable headband, lousy padding and a death grip, those are the worst, imho.

BTW, I tried to give away my HD205 for free to a friend, but he declined the offer. That's how uncomfortable they are to some of us
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back