Where are all of the builders?
Jan 31, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #106 of 113
Hi not really, I'll just charge postage, someone just asked and I can post 5 boards worldwide for $5.00US as a letter

There are also LM386 guitar amp boards same deal just postage

and 

Crossfeed pcbs same again

The instructions are on my website but I don't want to upset anyone by posting here

Ugh... Rules. Why can't it be simple, especially for something like this?

Free board for someone that wants to DIY, just PM him! We'd all help you build it.

I'll join in too: I have extra wire, nice quality SPC, solid and stranded, just like I posted above. If you need some for a project or cables, PM me the length and I'll send it to you for price of shipping.

Jan 31, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #107 of 113
Ugh... Rules. Why can't it be simple, especially for something like this?

Free board for someone that wants to DIY, just PM him! We'd all help you build it.

I'll join in too: I have extra wire, nice quality SPC, solid and stranded, just like I posted above. If you need some for a project or cables, PM me the length and I'll send it to you for price of shipping.

I'm happy to supply the instructions via PM, they are very easy to build anyway, hundreds have been made so I know they are good :)

Jan 31, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #108 of 113
After looking at HiGHFLYiN9's chip amp I started digging in a little. Seems there has been a lot of discouraging news lately about chipamps service. Enough to discourage me from buying from them. Which is too bad because the prices were very reasonable for the boards. Was even going to get the Aleph PS board for my ACA's.

Feb 1, 2017 at 6:59 AM Post #109 of 113
I'm looking to start building my own stuff. Have a background in electronics and have been looking for a project to do.

I'm thinking of starting with something like pmillets Butte. Get me back in the swing of things while I'm reading up on the subject. It'll mainly be to give my laptop headphone audio a bit of life. Then I'm thinking of either a DAC or more advanced headphone amplifier. Then I have to start convincing the wife that we need more audio stuff in the house
biggrin.gif

Do you guys think I'm going about it the right way? Trying to balance the desire to get started with the need to refresh my knowledge of electronics.

Feb 1, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #110 of 113
  I think we need something "new" that fits the 1455C801 Hammond case again. It's always been a fan favorite at a great price.

Lots of people like the USB input DAC and headphone combo but there are a few of those already (including some very decent ones). We could try to please that crowd but I think a new portable amp would be a nice option too. Well, personally, I'd like a cool desktop amp at a budget price. Opinions please?

A portable amp in the 1455C801 case has already been done: AMB's Mini3.  Highly recommended - don't believe the NWAVGUY crap. He didn't know how to test an amp with a third channel, active ground.

Feb 3, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #111 of 113
After looking at HiGHFLYiN9's chip amp I started digging in a little. Seems there has been a lot of discouraging news lately about chipamps service. Enough to discourage me from buying from them. Which is too bad because the prices were very reasonable for the boards. Was even going to get the Aleph PS board for my ACA's.

Can you PM me regarding what's going on? That stinks :/ I'd look at Audiosector then. 

Feb 9, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #112 of 113
I'm not much here anymore either. I've got too little time to browse many forums and I've simply drifted to diyaudio.com because it suited me better. More technical minded, more diverse, more alive. And my all time favorite poster here is more active there (jcx).

My opinion is that head-fi's DIY section was too small and maybe too reliant on a bandwagon mentality to survive in the long term. That made for an enthusiastic and fun place though.

A pity as I caught the diy disease on this board. Oh well, life goes on.

Mar 22, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #113 of 113
Another R2R DAC build is in this thread - http://www.head-fi.org/t/839007/r2r-da-m1-ultracap-powered-build - which you guys may have missed. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back