When do you use your Headphones?
Jul 15, 2010 at 1:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

roran1234

New Head-Fier
I bought a Pair of Grado's the 225i's and I love 'em, but I just never use them.

I want to I just always forget to. So I was wondering, when do you guys use yours? I used to enjoy a scotch and plug them into my amp and listen to a couple of vinyl....that was cool!

Thanks,
Ollie

Jul 15, 2010 at 1:29 PM Post #2 of 37
My setup is right beside my bed so I go to bed 1 hour earlier every night and I listen to music for 1 hour.

Jul 15, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #3 of 37
Working out or an hour or so before bed to unwind

Jul 15, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #5 of 37
I use my Denon D2000s at work almost exclusively. During holidays I might take them home and relax a bit in the couch with them, but mostly I enjoy the change of speakers and talking to my SO when out of the office. Makes me notice the imperfections of my room acoustics quite severely though...

Quote:
I bought a Pair of Grado's the 225i's and I love 'em, but I just never use them.

I want to I just always forget to. So I was wondering, when do you guys use yours? I used to enjoy a scotch and plug them into my amp and listen to a couple of vinyl....that was cool!

Thanks,
Ollie

Jul 15, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #6 of 37
I use mine when i'm on the  computer, but, not through the computer they're hooked up to my main system.......I can't do computer music! Don't even want to learn how to use the "lose less" type downloads......Not that I haven't heard Great Tunes from that kind of play back!  Punisher's computer at the Dayton Meet, sounded really nice, and his rig had everything right at his finger tips from his computer going into a nice tube amp etc etc.....anyway, What's the saying "You can't teach old dogs new tricks", that's true with my old ass.........I also enjoy going to sleep with mine, on my bedroom system......

Jul 15, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #7 of 37
Whenever I'm......  in the.......... Zone
tongue.gif

Jul 15, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #8 of 37
Have only owned my AKG 242s for a very short time, but so far, I have mainly used them at the end of the work day when I am unwinding. (usually with a glass of wine or two)  I mostly opt to listen to them via a/v receiver or component CD player. As my ipod doesnt really do them a lot of justice.

Jul 15, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #9 of 37
I just use my headphones when browsing the internet on the computer.
I find using IEM's on the go is a pain, so I tend to not listen when on the go unless I have a long stretch of not doing anything,..

Jul 15, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #10 of 37
Usually while I sit down by the computer for browsing the web. But also one in a while just for relaxing, when doing nothing else.

Jul 15, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #11 of 37
Mostly when working, sitting down working loooooong wee hours to edit pictures it really helps, i also have one of those haedband sleepphones that i use before sleeping

Jul 15, 2010 at 3:40 PM Post #13 of 37

Quote:
My setup is right beside my bed so I go to bed 1 hour earlier every night and I listen to music for 1 hour.

I thought that I was rather unique in doing this, because most people seem to have their setups by computers and stuff... I've always found listening to be a dedicated activity, so sitting/laying in the dark intently listening is what I have always done. Based on the responses here, I'm actually in the majority...

Jul 15, 2010 at 3:58 PM Post #15 of 37

Quote:
I thought that I was rather unique in doing this, because most people seem to have their setups by computers and stuff... I've always found listening to be a dedicated activity, so sitting/laying in the dark intently listening is what I have always done. Based on the responses here, I'm actually in the majority...

Yep, it's really a dedicated activity for me. My HD555 sound as good as my HD800 when i'm listening to music while doing something else (ex. browsing the web).

Maybe I'm crazy but the experience is really different when I listen to music in the dark. I feel like I'm so much more focused on the music. The faintest light coming in the room from under the door is enough to disturb me !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back