What's your favorite headphone? If you could only have one.
Jan 7, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #76 of 133
Well the bass on the HD-600 is an issue too many. My post is a perfectly sensible one related to the topic of the thread, and somewhat to yours as a side topic. Sorry in advance if that's too eclectic.
Yes, of course the bass on the HD600 is an issue (except if you have access to EQ, but even so). Always has been. HD600 is about midrange and treble, not about bass.
That is precisely why I mentioned the Nighthawk, which absolutely blows away the HD600 (and most other headphones) as far as bass is concerned. :)

Jan 8, 2021 at 1:58 AM Post #77 of 133
If I have to choose only one, I will ended up with Meze 99. Granted, the soundstage is not there, and its not sophisticated in terms of separation

but its so fun.

Jan 8, 2021 at 2:21 AM Post #78 of 133
With my Abyss AB-1266 on their way out the door, I gotta go with my Hifiman HE-500. If ever I've heard a master of all trades headphone, this is it. Bass is bottomless, mids are full bodied, treble is smooth but detailed, soundstage is very large, imaging is pin-point, and they are among the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn. Not once have I ever considered trading or selling them, and I don't think that will ever change.

Jan 14, 2021 at 1:59 AM Post #79 of 133
Of the ones that I have? That's a tough call...

At the moment I really like the Saturn One. I've been listening to a lot of instrumentals, and I just enjoy listening to the tracks on really open headphones. Plus it's super lightweight and the clamp doesn't put too much pressure on my head, which is perfect since I get migraines.

I'm hoping to grab the Jupiter soon.

Jan 14, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #82 of 133
Yes, of course the bass on the HD600 is an issue (except if you have access to EQ, but even so). Always has been. HD600 is about midrange and treble, not about bass.
That is precisely why I mentioned the Nighthawk, which absolutely blows away the HD600 (and most other headphones) as far as bass is concerned. :)
Every headphone blows away the HD600 when it comes to bass.

Jan 16, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #86 of 133
Nothing gave me the wow factor of LCD-X but all things considered i’d go for HD800. Not the S version.

Jan 16, 2021 at 6:55 PM Post #87 of 133
I can’t believe the amount of headphones mentioned. No wonder we can never all agree which are the best.

Very true. I have had my share and the task of finding the right system is challenging (streamer, DAC, amp, and headphones... all matter and determine what you hear).

Jan 17, 2021 at 1:32 AM Post #89 of 133
I know it's only the first day - but I'd have to say the Utopia. So far so good!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back