What's your favorite headphone? If you could only have one.
Jan 19, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #106 of 133
I also have 6XX. I know I’m taking my chances but hopefully I get a good pair.
Maybe Hifiman production issues are an old thing now. I have a Sundara, bought two months ago, with the revised earpads and everything, and build quality is pretty good.

With that said, I prefer my HD600 (EQed by Oratory) and my Nighthawk (with or without EQ) over my Sundara for the moment. The Sundara is noticeably heavier on the head, and sound-wise it's good but it doesn't make me fall in love for now. Maybe it needs more time, so I'm not giving up yet. Who knows.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #107 of 133
Maybe Hifiman production issues are an old thing now. I have a Sundara, bought two months ago, with the revised earpads and everything, and build quality is pretty good.

With that said, I prefer my HD600 (EQed by Oratory) and my Nighthawk (with or without EQ) over my Sundara for the moment. The Sundara is noticeably heavier on the head, and sound-wise it's good but it doesn't make me fall in love for now. Maybe it needs more time, so I'm not giving up yet. Who knows.

As far as I know, they have never solved the problem. The foil (or should I call it coil) on the diaphragm will wrinkle soon due to vibration and moisture and it will break after 1 year or 2.

You can't say anything about its quality for a 2-month new headphone set, time will tell, and good luck.:gs1000smile:

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2021 at 9:16 PM Post #108 of 133
As far as I know, they have never solved the problem. The foil (or should I call it coil) on the diaphragm will wrinkle soon due to vibration and moisture and it will break after 1 year or 2.

You can say anything about its quality for a 2-month new headphone set, time will tell, and good luck.:gs1000smile:
Do you have any evidence to support those claims ? Thanks.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #110 of 133
You replied too fast, I was editing my own post. Calm down buddy. :)
FYI I was only talking about build issues, since I guess that was the concern raised by ics1974.

Now as far as drivers and electronic parts are concerned, you can never avoid having a small % of devices with issues.
And of course people who are concerned will yell all over the Internet, and all Hell will break loose like all devices are about to blow.
And of course the 90-95-99% of people that are NOT concerned by such issues will never say a thing, so nobody will hear them. :p
So ultimately I'm used to such things, and I don't give a damn. But thanks anyway ! :wink:

Jan 20, 2021 at 12:36 AM Post #114 of 133
If I could have only one headphone? Gjallarhorn JM Edition (with Arctic Cables Palladium Series + Liquid Platinum)

Jan 20, 2021 at 7:13 AM Post #118 of 133
Circumaural headphones: MrSpeakers AEON Flow Closed (before I bought it, it would have been my Sennheiser HD 600)

Supraaural headphones: Koss KSC75 (or perhaps my Koss KPH30i or Beyerdynamic DT 1350 Pro)

In-Ears: Etymotic ER4SR

Earbuds: Shozy Cygnus (or Apple EarPods - because of their convenience)

- - - - - - - - - - - -

If only one pair of the above: ER4SR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back