What's with the ES7?
Feb 21, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #76 of 77

Quote:
I just bought a pair of AT's Es7's and most definitely when amplified the speakers are driven much better, I use a Fiio E11, without it they still sound good so if I am on the move and my amp power runs out no problem!!! my other phones are HD 598's and I prefer these as they are easier on the ear when played louder, the AT E7's feel damaging when loud but I got them for the public transport, so they sound good and look cool. I need to try them on the move and review them after burn in. note that the cable looks weak and wonder how long this will last.

Hello 
I have both the fiio e11 and a 18v cmoy.

the fiio sounds better than not amped, but the cmoy sounded more better as actually it sounds amazing and I have noticed with the  es7
 I have had to throw out 100 of my mp3s as they sounded poor. The es7 also revealed larger sound with my laptop soundcard so I would say these dont hide anything.

Last note is I noticed greater detail now than when I first got them, yet I got them used.
I would say total detail clarity now surpases my old SonyV6, which previously had more clarity in the highs. The es7 always had better clarity in the mids tthough . When amped the es7 seems to have a much more noticalble weght in the bass equaling the extension of the Sony but with more punch.

I had the headband stretched out naturally by wearing them around my coat collar and now using them more and finding them hard to put down.

I am hoping that the senn amperior would be a worthy upgrade as I dont see anything out now that looks tempting for portable use exept the Vmoda m80 or ath- es88 or mayby dt1350 but I will be hard pressed to find mids like on these es7..

Apr 2, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #77 of 77

Quote:
I get the feeling many people here have fakes considering the variety of opinions. Keep in mind that even if you receive all the accessories and packaging, the person who sold it to you might've just swapped out the real ES7 with a fake one. I have an uncle in Hong Kong who said he did it with some electronics a few times because he accidentally got counterfeits, then purchased the real thing, then sold the counterfeit as "used" along with the real packaging.

Hi I posted in other thread about fakes my observations about these es7 and fakes, here
I have three real es7 that I got from different places and opened them all up to inspect their guts, and they are all 100% real.
If fact you cant just swap out the drivers, as they both have different plastic base they secured to.
Fake ones don't have numbered driver or any yellow fiberglass material at all since the fake plastic part holding fake driver does not have molded circlular rim to hold it.
I have seen in pics Fake one uses  a cut square 3m taped insulator.

I have also been listening to my three and two of them sound the same.
The two are my brand new ones and another pair that I got off ebay which were not working and a simple recabling got one side working again.
Both of these headphones sound excactly the same and need breaking in,
I CAN truley say that breaking them in makes a very noticeable difference:

MIDS:
The New ones seem slightly distant and not as open.T
he older phones have a more open forward and more "Live" midrange.
BASS:
New ones: Bass is somehow slightly bassy-er yet not as close and deep.
The OLD ones are more detailed and deeper and integrated with mids.
HIGHS:
New ones: highs are more sizzly, yet still without harshness,
Old ones sound similar toned but no sizzle at all; more liquid detailed and smooth.

Dam I wanted to use the new ones, but I not shure how long a burn in they will need to open up and sound as good as these old ones.
I burned for equivalent of about 32hrs and still not burned in yet.
I want to use the new ones but keep going back to my old ones.
Then I have the third that I solderded new wires to... time to sell..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back