What's with the ES7?
Mar 5, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #46 of 77
Mine are blu-taked and cotton stuft.
Makes the bass a lot less bloated and inproves the presence of the high range. Much more neutral, but still the great involving sound.

Some headphones come off great from the get-go, but these are great with a little bit of elbow grease (just like d2000/5000).

Mar 5, 2008 at 9:12 AM Post #47 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by wrecked_porsche /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW, all of you guys who love the ES7, pls PM me if you know of a full sized can that sounds like the ES7.
smily_headphones1.gif

My search continues...

I don't love the ES7, but I'll respond anyway.
tongue.gif

Your search has ended. Unfortunately, at a wallet-chomping duo: W11JPN or L3000. Hey, don't blame me, blame your own tastes.
tongue.gif

I like the ESW9 much more than the ES7. The ESW9 is more refined, though I admit it is less fun-sounding than the ES7.

Wood vs. mirror-finish.
Elegance and refined good taste vs. mirror-finish.
tongue.gif

Leather-type slightly padded headband vs. rubber-type unpadded headband.

Mar 5, 2008 at 12:55 PM Post #48 of 77
I can not wait until my ESW9 arrived.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tongue.gif

I like the ESW9 much more than the ES7. The ESW9 is more refined, though I admit it is less fun-sounding than the ES7.

Wood vs. mirror-finish.
tongue.gif

Mar 5, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #49 of 77
Quote:

tongue.gif

Your search has ended. Unfortunately, at a wallet-chomping duo: W11JPN or L3000. Hey, don't blame me, blame your own tastes.
tongue.gif

Anything cheaper? Say... about USD$500 and below?
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Wood vs. mirror-finish.
tongue.gif

mirror-finish = good when u need a mirror to comb your hair or to admire yourself, or to pinch a pimple on your forehead or to to sneak a look at the beautiful girl sitting behind you or to see if theres spinach stuck between your teeth...

Wood? What can you do with your elegant and refined good taste wood? Bah! I'd say mirror finish FTW!
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

rubber-type unpadded --> no problem, I have a ugly DIY addition to the ES7 headband, I'm quite sure its more comfy than the leather headband of the ESW9. I'd post pics but I'd be too ashamed and would have to leave head-fi for good...LOL But seriously its VERY comfy. You won't even notice the headband is thre!

BTW, as you already know, I like ESW9 too...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Mar 6, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #51 of 77
eek.gif
Holy toledo! I actually heard the snarling mids and 2 dimensional sound people have complained about!

hmmm did someone put a hex on my Can's?
biggrin.gif

But really I had been enjoying these es7's even as they burn in and then last night I put on a Steve Hillage album "L" to be specific and hell!!! It sounded like crap! tinny, snarly mids and all .... I had been listening to that album earlier in the day with same mp3 player but with my atrio m8 and it sounded great. I was listening to the ES7's late at night when I heard this snarly music and I wondered if they just needed to burn in and were in some sort of transitional mode or whatever...

I put on some other music which I had heard before and enjoyed and heck! It sounded good! I heard to albums, Triffids - Calenture and Faces - ooh la la album and it sounded great! Put back the Hillage and sounded lousy....

So obviously its now not just the amp,source and or burn in. But some music actually does sound like crap on these headphones. I guess it's the luck of the draw and some peoples music will more then likely fall into the lousy category more then others. I just hope the ES7's get better but if not I can reach for my atrios for certain albums hehehe

Amazing
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #53 of 77
Listening to music encoded at 128 is like watching censored adult films. What's the point? All the detail is gone anyways.

Mar 6, 2008 at 4:36 AM Post #55 of 77
Quite a lot records arent high quality and sometimes decoding them lower can help to make them listenable. Strange, yes, but I have some of these. So, maybe if you decode some good quality, the effects are the same than only in the worse scenario. Most of them are ROCK music one, at least in my collection.

Mar 6, 2008 at 5:59 AM Post #56 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by TenaciousO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, they are very aesthetically pleasing headphones, but they sound terrible. Okay, terrible is a bit too strong, but I just returned the Denon D1000 thinking that the ES7 would at least offer comparable sound, and it's not even close. There's no depth to the sound like with the D1000, and strangely, the ES7 manages to sound both harsh and muted at the same time. I also don't hear the wonderful soundstage that I've read about. Even though I personally do not believe in physical burn-in, I've fed these headphones pink noise for 36+ hours just in case, and I hear absolutely no change. I've read someone state that the ES7 needs to burn in for 300 hours, but come on, am I supposed to believe that the sound will magically undergo a Cinderella-like transformation? Are you ES7 owners who have reported a dramatic transformation certain that you guys haven't simply gotten used to the sound? I haven't done a direct comparison yet, but I have a feeling that these aren't much better than my sister's FC7. Are my gripes premature? By the way, I've read the other thread, and I'm certain that my pair are genuine.

i also didn't like the ES7 too, even my previous akg k518dj had better soundstage than the ES7, also somehow the music from the ES7 juz sounds so near to the ears too, like there is not much distance at all

Mar 6, 2008 at 7:03 AM Post #57 of 77
I bought my ES7 when they were FOTM. They are overpriced for the sound they have and if I had the choice again i'd buy something else. They just don't work well with chiptunes which is hard to believe because that type of music usually sounds good on anything.

The things I like about them are their size, they are easy to drive. and have good 3D positioning in games.

I'd take my DT250, which I acquired cheaper, over them anyday.

Mar 6, 2008 at 7:22 AM Post #59 of 77
I blame the album more then the headphones. I noticed before I got these that some albums just don't sound as good with certain headphones or earphones. It's the way they are produced.

Senns seem to make all music sound good but many headphones are a bit finicky, these ES7's just seemed a bit more finicky then I first realized but I still enjoy them a lot. Most of my music so far has sounded great. Plus I still got some more burn in to do on them
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back