Whats the secret behind the LCD 2's popularity here?
Oct 11, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #181 of 193

Quote:
If you read any of the 6Moons (!) reviews, apparently all you need to do to 'fix' your $1000+ HD800s is send them to ALO and have them fit a $350 cable. Srajan routinely reviews kit with every top tier headphone you can name and  (surprise, surprise) it turns out you need them ALL.
eek.gif

Got to make a living somehow ~ any which cable you can! 
biggrin.gif

Oct 11, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #182 of 193
If you read any of the 6Moons (!) reviews, apparently all you need to do to 'fix' your $1000+ HD800s is send them to ALO and have them fit a $350 cable. Srajan routinely reviews kit with every top tier headphone you can name and  (surprise, surprise) it turns out you need them ALL.
eek.gif

time to recable my iBuds.

Oct 11, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #183 of 193
Laugh it up, but I'm reliably informed that a DiY balanced recable for the lowly KSC-75 is well worth the time and effort. Fortunately, I have neither the time nor the inclination ! 
tongue.gif

Oct 11, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #184 of 193

Quote:
Laugh it up, but I'm reliably informed that a DiY balanced recable for the lowly KSC-75 is well worth the time and effort. Fortunately, I have neither the time nor the inclination ! 
tongue.gif

Interestingly, I have tested USB A to B cables side by side.

My regular cable used is a nice AWG-18 copper wire with gold plated ends ~ affordable at $18AUD from a local
electronics guy. The second cable was a thin, ratty looking thing that came with another device.

The DAC does stutter and occasionally drop out with the crappy cable, so there you go, some real world
results.

Oct 11, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #185 of 193
Hmmm the LCD2 wasn't out last time I was in HK. How much was it going for over there?

Quote:
I think the LCD-2 is very successful simply because it is so accessible and readily available.
Yes it is all over the US with many retailers all over the world in a short amount of time.

I am a Canadian resident but was working in Hong Kong for almost a third of a year.
Many high end audio shops populate Hong Kong and they all had the LCD-2 in stock and available for you to demo.
In addition, they had many amps that the LCD-2 would pair well with... Lyr, V200, etc.

Bought one on the spot and brought it back to Canada with me.
It works so well with many genres of music and yes, the retro look seals the deal for me.
Also, word of mouth on Head-Fi spreads like a flash fire too.

Oct 11, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #186 of 193

Quote:
That's not really a surprise, most Head-fier owners I know are either LCD2 fanboys or HD 800 enthusiasts, not both.
Some own both of them for the point of difference, but most singular owners love their preferred headphone
and dislike the other.

I must be one of the rare Head-fiers who loves both.
biggrin.gif

Oct 11, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #187 of 193
Or one of those rare Head-fi people who has a wallet fat enough so that they don't feel the need to validate their purchases to other people :)

Quote:
I must be one of the rare Head-fiers who loves both.
biggrin.gif

Oct 11, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #188 of 193

Quote:
Or one of those rare Head-fi people who has a wallet fat enough so that they don't feel the need to validate their purchases to other people :) 

Just a testament to how insidious this place can be over the years.
tongue.gif

Oct 14, 2011 at 7:20 AM Post #189 of 193
Well the LCD3 thread is already getting fun. 

Oct 14, 2011 at 7:27 AM Post #190 of 193
Funny thing the only changes appear to be different wood and connectors. LCD3 is twice the price and for what. Who knows but in the end for me I am happy with the gear I have and see no reason to change anything anymore.
 But know your in Stax O2 territory and for me I think most headphones are way too expensive anyway including the ones i own.   But if not for audeze there not much else to talk about here anymore and its kind of been dull lately.

Oct 14, 2011 at 7:34 AM Post #191 of 193
Even though I bought the T1s I still think spending $1000 on a pair or headphones is ludicrous let alone $2000. The main issue seems to be that theres not really a good reason for this continual price increases - companies are doing it just because they can. 

Oct 14, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #192 of 193
Frank: Audeze stated in their announcement that the diaphragms are new too. They are going have a serious uphill battle to match the resolution of the 009s though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back