What's the best sounding DAP on the market ????
Sep 14, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #181 of 240

Quote:
I have gotten kinda spoiled my the massive amount of storage capacity of the iPod Classics.  I have been tempted by stuff like the Cowon J3 but I see that the largest capacity is 32 Gig with an SD card slot.  What is the largest micro SD card you can get?  8 Gig?

32GB.

Sep 14, 2011 at 4:10 AM Post #182 of 240

Quote:
I have gotten kinda spoiled my the massive amount of storage capacity of the iPod Classics.  I have been tempted by stuff like the Cowon J3 but I see that the largest capacity is 32 Gig with an SD card slot.  What is the largest micro SD card you can get?  8 Gig?

Last time I checked it was 32 gigs but you have to be sure the DAP supports a 32 gig card. most modern DAP's do

Sep 14, 2011 at 5:54 AM Post #183 of 240
Meh the first Beats audio smartphones are on the way. God help us all the dyke is about to burst
rolleyes.gif

Sep 14, 2011 at 9:08 AM Post #186 of 240

Quote:

I picked up a 32gb Class 10 (un-branded) off eBay for £15.99, had it in use on my Cowon J3 32gb for over a year now, the transfers - Read/write speeds are more like class 6 but it works flawlessly
redface.gif

Sep 14, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #187 of 240

Quote:
Last time I checked it was 32 gigs but you have to be sure the DAP supports a 32 gig card. most modern DAP's do

There are 64GB microSDXC cards, although I have no idea what supports them. http://www.sandisk.com/products/mobile1-memory-products/sandisk-ultra-microsdxc-card

EDIT: The SanDisk on was announced today and is available for sale. Another one was announced by Kingmax a while back in May, but still isn't available for sale. Kingmax claimed it worked on the Galaxy S II, so I don't know just how large compatibility is. I've read that all microSDHC slots can read SDXC, but there are software limitations on devices.

Sep 15, 2011 at 8:34 AM Post #188 of 240

Quote:

I too had considered the J3, but am thinking seriously about the Cowon X7 for those very reasons. 160gb, killer battery life, and no iTunes make it very tempting!

Sep 15, 2011 at 9:08 AM Post #189 of 240

Quote:
I too had considered the J3, but am thinking seriously about the Cowon X7 for those very reasons. 160gb, killer battery life, and no iTunes make it very tempting!

You can rockbox the iPod Classic. It isn't very stable (yet...) and sorta drains the battery, but I'm using it and I love it! The Cowon is probably better though.

Sep 16, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #191 of 240

Quote:
faisal2003456 said:
You can rockbox the iPod Classic. It isn't very stable (yet...) and sorta drains the battery, but I'm using it and I love it! The Cowon is probably better though.

I have the 30GB 5th gen and the Touch 3rd gen. I was all set to get the X7, but ended up getting the TTVJ Slim headphone amp. Running out of the iPod through the LOD  should help save some battery. I also thought about iMod'ing my classic, but one step at a time. This hobby can get very expensive, very fast! :frowning2:

Sep 18, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #195 of 240
Quote:
Putting aside the hifiman hm-801 which is freaking expensive, I bought a qls qa-350 V2 trying to get the best sounding dap not taking into account other features. Lets see when I get it...

Other than usability, no issues with QA350 v2. I got only 5.5 hours battery life last time, but unlike what I've read about S:Flo2 and Hifiman players, it at least charges back up in a little over 2 hours (around 2:15). As far as SQ goes, it is currently my favorite player among the lot (Clip+, Fuze V1, S9, Sony E353, iTouch 3G, Nanite N2).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back