What's in a McDonald's hamburger?
Jan 1, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #34 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by MCC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you read the entire article?

Why would they be concerned about the pH of their meat if they weren't using ammonia treated beef?

I quoted you about being a reputable site which you believed it was just because of the name not the actual article

Jan 1, 2010 at 3:37 AM Post #36 of 105
Since the consumption of meat is the #1 cause of global warming (you can look this up, I'm not pissing in your pocket in any way, shape or form), the biggest threat to our future, I strongly recommend people become vegetarian.

The NYT article is here, by the way.

Jan 1, 2010 at 4:33 AM Post #37 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since the consumption of meat is the #1 cause of global warming (you can look this up, I'm not pissing in your pocket in any way, shape or form), the biggest threat to our future, I strongly recommend people become vegetarian.

It's a worthy gesture, but I would never be able to give up meat. In fact, I'd probably starve to death if I had to become a vegetarian.
tongue.gif

Jan 1, 2010 at 4:37 AM Post #38 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif

many arguments say that all-veg diet is 'unnatural' for humans.

certainly for me, it is
wink.gif

Jan 1, 2010 at 5:43 AM Post #39 of 105
Meal Worms are the meat behind McDonalds burger meat...lol
wink.gif

And global warming is bull. A bunch of farting cows is not going to destroy the earth!!! ...lol

Everyone just stop breathing.

I think Taco Bell is causing global warming. Human flatulance!

Global warming is a scam for the bigwigs to make money, and for control.
I cant get into this any further on this site.

Jan 1, 2010 at 6:51 AM Post #40 of 105
Has anyone watched Food.Inc.? you should if you are curious about what's really in your food.

Jan 1, 2010 at 7:53 AM Post #41 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
many arguments say that all-veg diet is 'unnatural' for humans.

certainly for me, it is
wink.gif

We are omnivores. Let's keep it that way. =]
Chicken plzthnxbye

Jan 1, 2010 at 10:13 AM Post #43 of 105
Junk food, include McD, is the best profit you can make in the food industrie and thats by killing human health, not really nice
very_evil_smiley.gif
Just think, how can you sell USD 1 bread, which didnt sold regulary, 10 times more? Simply make a junk food from it. The best way to avoid this is to cook from fresh ingredients, daily, which for lots of folks isnt an option at all, thats why they still make such money and we still killing our health with it, kind of idiotic situation.

Jan 1, 2010 at 10:32 AM Post #44 of 105
I will continue to eat their burgers.
They do not make high quality food anyway, but for some quick food on the go they get the job done.

Jan 1, 2010 at 4:59 PM Post #45 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
THIS is a good reason to make your own ground beef.

I hate buying pre-ground beef at the grocery store. in fact, more times than not its grey inside instead of pink. or they'll make the red/fresh side be at the top part of the shrink wrap package but the older part is underneath. I've had store clerks tell me 'it cant be avoided' yet I do get fresh ground beef that is pure red all thru-out and has no dark grey or brown areas at all.

The greyness has to do with oxidation. Leave the inside in contact with air long enough and it will also turn pink. It should not affect the taste what-so-ever.

Making your own ground beef is of course still much better. What I don't like about ready-ground stuff is that they put all sorts of things other than meat there (basically anything that is usually considered inedible)

I do not think that McDonald is real food, but if you are in a hurry and hungry, it sometimes has to be eaten (Helsinki is not the best place for late-night food).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back