What's in a McDonald's hamburger?
Feb 24, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #91 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slash47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Crap in -> crap out. That's true for more things than HiFi.

Sorry to point this out, as I fully agree with your statement, but with people and food, no matter what goes in will most likely result in same output.

Feb 24, 2010 at 3:53 PM Post #92 of 105
Of course food won't 'fix' people, that'd be a silly thing to say. But physically (not mentally or genetically!) you are what you eat.

Feb 24, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #93 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by jageur272 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to point this out, as I fully agree with your statement, but with people and food, no matter what goes in will most likely result in same output.

Corn would be an exception
popcorn.gif

Feb 24, 2010 at 4:34 PM Post #94 of 105
Quote:

Everything about this post makes me sad. I'd honestly rather eat a plate of boiled potatoes than McD.

Bon appetit!

Quote:

And the people that live in places where they eat well are physically much more attractive. They also tend to live in beautiful environments. I just cannot believe people don't care about these things. Maybe you have to see it to believe it..

Let me break out my loin cloth and FROLIC!!

Feb 24, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #95 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bender Rodriguez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're safe. Salmonella and E. Coli never turn up in vegetables like spinach, jalapeno peppers or tomatoes.
rolleyes.gif

You just continue being better than the rest of us.

I never said I was better than any of you guys because I choose not to consume animal products. I'm a runner and it's just the best diet that has worked for me. I didn't mean to sound smug.

Feb 25, 2010 at 3:38 AM Post #96 of 105
On night I was drinking with few friends and the next day went on a mountain bike ride (a hobby of mine). Needless to say I had a bit of a hangover, and wasn't feeling great. Still I was able to ride the usual distance and keep up with the other riders.

On two occasions (second was a test) I had mcdonalds earlier in the day and couldn't ride a quarter of the distance I usually ride, and had to take very frequent breaks. When I took these breaks, I felt like I couldn't get a full breath of air in my lungs. I am in very good physical condition so the food had to be the source of the problem.

I know this sounds stupid, but I couldn't believe that eating mcdonalds could make me perform worse than when I had a hangover. I have such high metabolism that I had never seen the results of fast food, but this kind of opened my eyes. Since I have really changed my diet to more fruits, vegetables, grains, etc and have never felt better.

Feb 25, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #97 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Toolfan26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On night I was drinking with few friends and the next day went on a mountain bike ride (a hobby of mine). Needless to say I had a bit of a hangover, and wasn't feeling great. Still I was able to ride the usual distance and keep up with the other riders.

On two occasions (second was a test) I had mcdonalds earlier in the day and couldn't ride a quarter of the distance I usually ride, and had to take very frequent breaks. When I took these breaks, I felt like I couldn't get a full breath of air in my lungs. I am in very good physical condition so the food had to be the source of the problem.

I know this sounds stupid, but I couldn't believe that eating mcdonalds could make me perform worse than when I had a hangover. I have such high metabolism that I had never seen the results of fast food, but this kind of opened my eyes. Since I have really changed my diet to more fruits, vegetables, grains, etc and have never felt better.

Ya... it's horrible "fuel". If you plan on doing anything physical, avoid McDonald's like the plague, lol.

Honestly... for my money, buying $4 worth of ground beef at the local supermarket and taking 20 mins to grill up some burgers tastes 4X better than McDonald's turd sandwiches and more than likely a helluva lot better for you. And you'll have leftovers or can feed 2-3 people for that price.

Whoever said fast food is cheaper/faster than cooking your own is pretty funny. I can understand if your away. But if you're home, you can grill up 4 burgers faster than you can hop in your car and drive to Mickie D's and spend your hard-earned money only to shorten your life by a 2 days minimum, lol.

Feb 25, 2010 at 5:07 AM Post #98 of 105
i dunno about you guys, but healthy or not, those burgers taste damn good to me.

good thing i'm usually too lazy to go drive out and buy it though.

Feb 25, 2010 at 7:43 AM Post #99 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by jageur272 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

"Output" though can vary greatly, with factors such as the fiber and protein content, and the level of your colonic hydration playing greatly into the quality of the output your metabolism produces
redface.gif

Feb 25, 2010 at 7:46 AM Post #100 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Output" though can vary greatly, with factors such as the fiber and protein content, and the level of your colonic hydration playing greatly into the quality of the output your metabolism produces
redface.gif

I used to worry about all that stuff, concerned about the blood in my stool staining all of my underwear.... until I discovered this revolutionary new product!!!

chipotlaway.jpg

Feb 25, 2010 at 9:01 AM Post #101 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm really tired of McDonalds bashing. Sure fast food isn't good for you, but I seen a lot of snotty nosed kids with bad hygenine make "healthy" blenders at the mall, too. Its cliche and trite at this point, but people won't give up attacking McDonalds, mainly because is so symbolic of American corporations - and an easy target.

What's funny is that I've gotten sick from several fast food places, including twice from Jack In The Box stuffed jalapeños, where I was sick with the stomach flu for 5 and 9 days respectively. Both instances were the worst cases of food poisoning I had ever had. Obviously the jalapeños or the cheese within were contaminated. But I have never gotten sick from McDonald's. Oh wait, that's not actually true. I once ate a chipotle chicken snack wrap and got sick, but that wasn't beef. Another place I've had great luck with is Del Taco. Their food is always fresh and tasty, and I've never gotten ill from eating there.

Feb 25, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #103 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i dunno about you guys, but healthy or not, those burgers taste damn good to me.

When I was younger and "on-the-go" (which is another load of rubbish, you're no more "on the go" when you're younger as you are when you are older, you just realize you can do things differently... in fact, I'm way "busier" now than I ever was when I was 20), I thought they tasted good, too. Then I was introduced to the meat department and a grill, and realized I was goin' about it all wrong, lol. (Not only is the food better... but firing up that grill and smellin that fresh flame-broiled scent on your nose as you throw back a few beers while talking with a friend or two on your back porch is good times.)

Guess it's just a matter of perspective. If they're the only burgers you ever eat, then you probly think it's good stuff. Gimme $4 and 20 mins, and I can cook up some (not just 1, but 3-4) real burgers that taste a lot better and are more filling and makes you feel a lot better than anything they heat up for you, which is simply some concoction of the cheapest processed stuff they can find that meets the minimum health requirements imposed upon them (believe me, if they could use cheaper quality stuff, they would) that they can then press into a form that looks like hamburger, and then slap some fake cheese on it.

I've never met anyone who preferred a Mickie D's "burger" to the ones I grill up. Burger night at AudioNovice's house usually becomes a large family/friend affair once I announce it, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back