What you think about Head-Fi's new look?
Apr 18, 2004 at 7:33 AM Post #46 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan
Anyways... I'll go on the record as saying that if you're on 1280x1024 or above, that you'll probably not notice any real estate difference (I certainly don't), and if you're on any less than that... time to update your monitor
wink.gif

Well, I have wide screen 1280x800 display, so no problem at all.

But the majority of people use 1024x768 or 800x600. The websites should be made to meet these requirements.

How about all the laptop users, how they can update their monitors???
confused.gif

Apr 18, 2004 at 7:40 AM Post #48 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoner
Macrumors Forums. LOL

can someone kindly direct me to Head-Fi then? I don't care for macs.
wink.gif

btw, it does look better with the avatar to the left, less scrolling down the page (at least it seems so).

Apr 18, 2004 at 7:42 AM Post #49 of 220
I don't like changes in general and not this one particular. I'm a retro guy
icon10.gif

Hope it will be back in ordinary style soon, but perhaps I could learn to live with this change. It may just be a matter of "just get used to this thing" thing.

Apr 18, 2004 at 7:51 AM Post #50 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoner
Macrumors Forums. LOL

I just checked out their forums, just to see what you are talking about, and they are also using vBulletin 3.x so no surprise stuff looks similar.

I can actually get used to this new theme. Change is always uncomfortable, but it can be adapted to. Plus, changing default themes for dynamic websites is a pain in the rear and I'm sure neither Jude nor Neil are looking forward to the process of porting the old theme over.

Apr 18, 2004 at 7:57 AM Post #51 of 220
I not quite sure what changing themes of forums and tweaking involves but I started this thread more as a feedback for Jude and Neil to look over...

EDIT: And apparently I not quite sure how to type either...
redface.gif

Apr 18, 2004 at 8:02 AM Post #52 of 220
Aww... c'mon guys its not a night and day difference in terms of space used...

look at this...

headficolorscheme.JPG

And as to the laptop users, on the most part laptop screens can run at higher res than TFT screens anyway
wink.gif

Apr 18, 2004 at 8:10 AM Post #53 of 220
Quote:

look at this...

And as to the laptop users, on the most part laptop screens can run at higher res than TFT screens anyway
wink.gif

I think most of the comments about usage of space was posted before the change from horizontal avatar and user infor bar that goes all the way across the screen to what it is now. And yes, it's not so bad now. But Jude said there will be a 120 pixel ad bar off to the right? Why not just up on top?

Apr 18, 2004 at 8:20 AM Post #54 of 220
I'm really not too keen on head-fi's new look...but maybe I'll get used to it. The fonts don't render too nicely on my system either, but I'm on mozilla 1.6 on Gentoo 1.4, it's probably just that I don't have a nice version of whatever font you set to with this style.

Apr 18, 2004 at 8:28 AM Post #55 of 220
i don't really like it. maybe this will change in time. is there a search option somewhere?

Apr 18, 2004 at 8:30 AM Post #56 of 220
Quote:

look at this...

wink.gif

I meant it generally. Head-Fi changed design is ok for me.

Hmmm, on my old IBM Thinkpad with a 13.3 inch screen I can't go beyond 1024x768. I wonder how higher res would look like on it. Probably the icons & texts would be too small.

Apr 18, 2004 at 8:33 AM Post #57 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
You're Mr. Goody Two Shoes!

Mr. Goody Two Shoes!!!!

Anyways. Has anyone had problems with their log in not being "remembered". It keeps making me log in in the PM area.

Heh, just add to the bug list.

Anyways, thanks for keeping things moving foward, Jude and Neil. There are always problems, but we have to put up with the growing pains to improve.

-Ed

I've just made two posts and had to log in each time I posted
confused.gif

Apr 18, 2004 at 8:36 AM Post #58 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob N
I've just made two posts and had to log in each time I posted
confused.gif

Did you clear all your browser settings? Check COOKIES - they may be set for 'this instance only' (or something like that).

Apr 18, 2004 at 8:39 AM Post #59 of 220
Can't update avatar. Obviously it's because you are upgrading to larger image capabilities.

Is 18 the max amount in Ignore list?

Is 2 the max amount in buddy list?

FINALLY! You can look up a community member starting with first letter of his or her name. Thumbs up!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back