What you think about Head-Fi's new look?
Apr 18, 2004 at 6:16 AM Post #31 of 220
where am I????

Apr 18, 2004 at 6:16 AM Post #32 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Weird.

Definitely get the subtle "alternating" shades between posts. Makes it easier to navigate.

-Ed

I agree, and I like the looks of the avatar area as well.

Apr 18, 2004 at 6:16 AM Post #33 of 220
Guys,

If you read the thread from the beginning, Jude will change the style back. The old template is not ready for up and running that's all.
biggrin.gif

Apr 18, 2004 at 6:19 AM Post #34 of 220
so we get our former titles back? or maybe we can have new titles, but something more unique than the "regstered user" thing we have right now.

Apr 18, 2004 at 6:19 AM Post #35 of 220
ugh.. don't much like this design at all. change is good, if for the better, but i don't see that here. what do we gain? I hope they can make it more streamlined like the old version. I liked the intuitive and efficient layout.

Q: why didn't they test it out before rolling the new version on the production server? it's easy enough to setup a demo on the server and customize the style sheets and config files before linking the main url to it.

I guess I'll take a break for awhile and see how it looks next week.. I know Jude means well but please man, you had a good thing going, why change it?

best regards,
Austin

Apr 18, 2004 at 6:24 AM Post #36 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
You're Mr. Goody Two Shoes!

Mr. Goody Two Shoes!!!!

God..., Bad... I'm the guy with the gun!

Noticed two things about the member's Area. You can no longer osrt by number of posts (or I couldn't figure it out quickly) and our members just keep scrolling and scrolling off the right side of the page...

Apr 18, 2004 at 6:29 AM Post #38 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
so we get our former titles back? or maybe we can have new titles, but something more unique than the "regstered user" thing we have right now.

Or maybe custom user text that's up for the user to decide what they want to put as their user title?

Apr 18, 2004 at 6:42 AM Post #39 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidmiya
Does anyone read the previous posts before complaining?!?!?! Come on! Everyone who has managed a customizeable forum knows that the skin/template code is very finicky and requires some time to develop into a cohesive layout.

Oh hell yes, it takes a lot of work to get a new style up and running. I'll be patient, but to avoid blindness I might visit a little less often until things get fixed.

Apr 18, 2004 at 7:14 AM Post #40 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by austonia
I guess I'll take a break for awhile and see how it looks next week.. I know Jude means well but please man, you had a good thing going, why change it?

best regards,
Austin

Because the forum was loading at about 1 kb a minute. Nothing worked. jude has a life, if he wants to change things, he has to do things when he has time -- i.e. the weekend. It takes more time to figure out all the proper settings to get the forum organized in a way in which we like it. That said, as long as everything loads quickly and we can get things to work, then it should not matter. It is a bunch of text messages anyway isn't it? Give him a break and we will get things the way we like it when he has some time. In the mean time, rejoice on the new features and the improved performance.

Apr 18, 2004 at 7:26 AM Post #41 of 220
This thread reminds me of when Chu Moy changed the headwize board layout a year or two ago... boy did that upset some people...

...Its funny how people don't like change isn't it, like having a pair of comfy slippers or something...

Anyways... I'll go on the record as saying that if you're on 1280x1024 or above, that you'll probably not notice any real estate difference (I certainly don't), and if you're on any less than that... time to update your monitor
wink.gif

I wish I could be greedy like Jude, and go back up to what was my favourite resolution, 1920x1440... oh well, I went the way of TFT... and THAT is a real estate reduction with a difference
frown.gif

Apr 18, 2004 at 7:27 AM Post #42 of 220
I even like the new PM system. I looked in it and had some messages from Merton! I try not to have more than 5 messages in my PM box at any one time. So where did those messages come from?

Apr 18, 2004 at 7:28 AM Post #43 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan
Anyways... I'll go on the record as saying that if you're on 1280x1024 or above, that you'll probably not notice any real estate difference (I certainly don't), and if you're on any less than that... time to update your monitor
wink.gif

I'm on 1280, and I see a big difference - there's a lot more scrolling required to read the same number of posts compared with before.

Apr 18, 2004 at 7:33 AM Post #45 of 220
One thing that is cool is if you hover your mouse over the main list of threads, over any thread (in a blank area, not the hyperlinked bit) it tells you what the last post says... i've never noticed that on the old version (maybe it's been there all these years, and i've never spotted it?!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back