What you think about Head-Fi's new look?
Apr 18, 2004 at 8:44 AM Post #61 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by wallijonn
Did you clear all your browser settings? Check COOKIES - they may be set for 'this instance only' (or something like that).

It seems to be OK now

I still can't save these pages in my temporary internet file to view offline as I could with the old Head Fi design.All the others sites I've tried are saving as normal but with Head Fi the pages are greyed out when they are listed in History

Apr 18, 2004 at 8:46 AM Post #62 of 220
For those of you upset with the new layout...

In the interim, why don't you try the 'archive' mode (Accessable from the bottom right hand corner of any thread)... not really my thing, but its plain, simple, quick, and is clutter free... - and then if you want to reply to that thread, simply hit (at the top left) View Full Version.

I'm not 110% sure of the ordering logic of that feature... but i'm sure it'll all make sense eventually, or to those more used to that format.

Go grab a look
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 18, 2004 at 8:49 AM Post #63 of 220
I think it is a FINE change in design/layout etc. I wish the big 'vBulletin' at top could be changed to 'Head-Fi'. And the colors are a bit too bright & cheery/cartoony.

As for the discomfort of change? I miss my mommy/old Head-Fi!
wink.gif

Apr 18, 2004 at 8:54 AM Post #64 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob N
I still can't save these pages in my temporary internet file to view offline as I could with the old Head Fi design.All the others sites I've tried are saving as normal but with Head Fi the pages are greyed out when they are listed in History

Internet Options -> Advanced -> Security -> Empty Temporary Internet Files Foldr when Browser is closed must be unchecked.

Fiefox works file when you save whole page.

Apr 18, 2004 at 8:55 AM Post #65 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob N

Internet Options -> Advanced -> Security -> Empty Temporary Internet Files Foldr when Browser is closed must be unchecked.

Fiefox works fine when you save whole page. I don't do IE.

Apr 18, 2004 at 9:31 AM Post #66 of 220
Changes are slightly unsettling, will get back to you...

Response time appears unchanged...

Clock is off -1hr, a few minutes...

Thanks for all you have been doing.

Big Ugly

Apr 18, 2004 at 9:47 AM Post #68 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by wallijonn

Fiefox works file when you save whole page.

It is unchecked.

As I said all other sites I have visited today save OK.

The previous design of Head Fi (last visited yesterday) saved OK

Apr 18, 2004 at 9:50 AM Post #69 of 220
It would be better to decrease the font in members name. That 18px or so is way too big. It might help to save more space in vertical direction.
tongue.gif

Apr 18, 2004 at 9:55 AM Post #70 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by Permonic
But the majority of people use 1024x768 or 800x600. The websites should be made to meet these requirements.

How about all the laptop users, how they can update their monitors???
confused.gif

Very true - I'm using a laptop with xga resolution. So can I have everything 33 % smaller plus some more contrast, please?
wink.gif

Well, Jude and Neil will work it out, for sure - so I'll be patient...

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Apr 18, 2004 at 10:17 AM Post #72 of 220
Well, the look? We'll get used to it, I've seen that a hundred times in magazine layout changes.
But........
I can't find a search function.Without that the same questions will be asked again and again and again......

Apr 18, 2004 at 10:31 AM Post #73 of 220
I also want the old look back, but some of the enhancements are quite welcome. E.g. the ability to download all your PM's, and the tooltip popup "previews" when you wave your mouse over thread links!

The new look is definitely too clunky IMO.

Oh, and I also like the fact that the "edit" button only shows up for your own posts. I've clicked other people's edit buttons aiming for the "reply"[edit: that should read "quote"] button many many times...
redface.gif

Apr 18, 2004 at 10:37 AM Post #74 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude
Cripes, there are so many new options in this version I have to learn about. Give us some time, everyone. And don't be too surprised if the forums change appearance and settings on a frequent basis while we figure things out.

You have my full support, I own a vB board and we are still going through the upgrade process but one thing is for sure: the new version has, dare I say it, too many options! Actually, in my book there's no such thing as too many options but... there's a lot of them in here!
wink.gif

Apr 18, 2004 at 10:38 AM Post #75 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by fiddler

Oh, and I also like the fact that the "edit" button only shows up for your own posts. I've clicked other people's edit buttons aiming for the "reply" button many many times...
redface.gif

yes there are some VERY good news here ..but a simple look is what you need while you pass lot of time searching the boards...
but i Know the v3 can do everything you want so ... we've got just to be patient ,just the time to stratch it right ( and i also think Jude will hardly disappoint us
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back