**What were your first REAL pair of hp's**
May 24, 2012 at 6:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 59

MattTCG

Headphoneus Supremus
After discovering head-fi and doing my research I bought these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002LBSEQS/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

I kept them for a couple of weeks then returned them. They just hit the bass hard enough for me 
rolleyes.gif

May 24, 2012 at 7:17 AM Post #3 of 59
Quote:
Does CX-300 count? I was a gullible child back then and paid $80 for them. I keep them to this day as a homage to all the money I spent on audio gear over the years.

Same here, CX300 were my first pair of of quality buds after the buds that comes bundled with handphones. Still working after 3 years and in mint condition. Have sold off quite a few others along the way but they still remains with me..

May 24, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #6 of 59
May 24, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #9 of 59
The first pair that got me started was technically a pair of Sennheiser hd218 pro's. I had heard of the company, but knew nothing about headfi. Saw a friend with a new in the box pair that was collecting dust. I made her an offer on them that she declined. 

I came home and got on the internet and found headfi and so started the journey. In an ultimate ironic twist, the lady who owned those died a few weeks ago and left them to me!!

May 24, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #13 of 59
It was a pair of Sennheisers that I bought at least ten years ago.  I can't remember the model number, but I did notice a total lack of bass.  I'd know the headphone if I saw it, though.  The plastic on the headband started cracking on one side after a while, and then the padding on the cup came open and a bunch of black powdery stuff leaked out.  Definitely wasn't stuffed with foam, I don't think.  It cost around $100 if I remember correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back