What type of Milk do you Drink?
Nov 11, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #76 of 262
None. IMO, adults should not be drinking milk except occasionally. Milk is really for children. That said, on rare occasion I do enjoy a cold glass of whole milk, preferably from a local farm. I am also an advocate of raw milk usage such as raw milk cheese which could spark debate but all in all, despite the controversies, I am for it.

active adults need milk as much as kids do. we might stop growing height wise but changes to our body never stops. milk is good for the muscles not cause it have proteins but from the hormones that are in it from the cows that are healthy and are needed for muscle function. also the hormones from cow milk help maintain weight and acts as a fat burner as well.

for the subject i drink any milk really. i mostly have 2% but prefer whole milk all the time and i drink about few big glasses a day due to since i'm active and do heavy weight training about 2-3 times a week. only milk i never drink is soy ever since that crap is for chicks and taste horrible and soy milk is actually not great for men either since it contains estrogen hormones.

Nov 11, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #77 of 262
2% all the way. For drinking.
Whole I love for baking.
1/2 + 1/2 for coffee
Whipping cream for everything else.

Personally I don't believe that skim is even really milk.

My 2%, er $.02.

Nov 18, 2011 at 10:53 AM Post #78 of 262
We've officially started buying 2 gallons per shopping trip in my house as we've started cooking from scratch more. 

2 gallons of 2% every week and a half or so.

Nov 21, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #79 of 262
Skim milk, it gives me less of a stomach ache.

Nov 22, 2011 at 5:20 AM Post #81 of 262
Milk is a complex signaling nutritional medicine FOR BABY COWS. No other animal drinks milk past youth, especially of another animal. The amount of calcium present is not necessary for anyone except a growing animal, and contributes to early bone degeneration, compared to less calcium from other sources (which is entirely enough to keep your bones and cellular processes completely saturated with plentiful calcium).

The protein within creates an allergenic, histamine-releasing peptide called casomorphin. Not all cows have the protein sequence to induce generation of this in your digestive tract, but the ones we source milk from do.

Having said that, damn it tastes good and there is no reason one can't be happy and healthy with dairy, such as the majority of the population consuming from birth.

Nov 22, 2011 at 7:55 AM Post #82 of 262
Casein protein is slow digesting so keeps you satiated for long. Also makes it good for pre-workouts. :D

Soy milk got 'isoflavons', which your body reacts to like estrogen. However, there isn't not a significant amount for any guy who drinks it daily to worry about.

Dec 17, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #84 of 262
Raw Whole Milk (farm fresh and fantastic, when available); Whole Milk; 2%; 1% and PET Brand Evaporated Milk. 
wink.gif

Dec 17, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #85 of 262

Quote:
Milk is a complex signaling nutritional medicine FOR BABY COWS. No other animal drinks milk past youth, especially of another animal. The amount of calcium present is not necessary for anyone except a growing animal, and contributes to early bone degeneration, compared to less calcium from other sources (which is entirely enough to keep your bones and cellular processes completely saturated with plentiful calcium).

The protein within creates an allergenic, histamine-releasing peptide called casomorphin. Not all cows have the protein sequence to induce generation of this in your digestive tract, but the ones we source milk from do.

Having said that, damn it tastes good and there is no reason one can't be happy and healthy with dairy, such as the majority of the population consuming from birth.

Agreed. My son has sinusitis-like symptoms after a glass of raw milk.... we were under the impression that the DP-4 enzyme broke-down the casomorphins, but that doesn't seem to be the case (anecdotally anyway).

Dec 18, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #87 of 262
Soy milk rice dream, lactose intolerant..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back