What type of Milk do you Drink?
Oct 21, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #62 of 262
So I tracked my milk intake for a few weeks and have come to the conclusion I drink about 2 gallons a week. On average maybe a little less. 2% lately but I've found that I drink the same no matter what % it is.

I'll be making a trip to see my family in San Antonio soon where they only drink whole milk. I'll most likely down a gallon in 3 days. 

I love milk...

Oct 21, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #63 of 262
Quote:
For starters, definitely organic. If there was a decent selection, I'd then choose 2% and if they had Horizons, that would be the winner.

I completely agree with organic only when it comes to meat and dairy, but Horizon is about the worst brand one can buy organic and has been for years.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/220290/horizon_organic_milk_is_not_so_organic.html

I have been drinking organic Almond Milk for the past three years but recently switched to Coconut Milk and prefer it.

Oct 21, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #65 of 262

Quote:
Quote:
I completely agree with organic only when it comes to meat and dairy, but Horizon is about the worst brand one can buy organic and has been for years.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/220290/horizon_organic_milk_is_not_so_organic.html

I have been drinking organic Almond Milk for the past three years but recently switched to Coconut Milk and prefer it.

Thank you for ruining my life.

But no, really, thank you for bringing this to my attention. I like knowing where my food comes from and how it is treated. This is a little alarming as I thought they were USDA regulated, but I can see how Dean Foods is skirting a fine line here. What a shame. I will spread the word. I did try many other organic milks before settling on their brand. I love the taste, but it looks like I will re-start the hunt for a new farm as soon as my bottle empties.

Oct 26, 2011 at 4:26 AM Post #68 of 262
Fullcream only. Everything else is chalky water. XD

Nov 11, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #75 of 262
Silk chocolate milk...even use it with my cereal  :)

I hate regular milk, it's disgusting.  Pour in some chocolate syrup and then its all good.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back