What type of Milk do you Drink?
Oct 4, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #17 of 262
     Quote:
None. IMO, adults should not be drinking milk except occasionally. Milk is really for children. That said, on rare occasion I do enjoy a cold glass of whole milk, preferably from a local farm. I am also an advocate of raw milk usage such as raw milk cheese which could spark debate but all in all, despite the controversies, I am for it.

I did hear that on a new bradcast a few months ago. Something to do with hormones or how we/they grown, dont really remember TYTT.

Oct 4, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #18 of 262
I've given up on TV health. COFFE IS BAD. NOW DRINK 8 CUPS A DAY. MOPE IT'S BAD AGAIN. Same with wine...and now milk I suppose. Oh, and water. 

Quote:
     Quote:

I did hear that on a new bradcast a few months ago. Something to do with hormones or how we/they grown, dont really remember TYTT.

Oct 4, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #21 of 262
I can drink Whole Milk, but I really feel weighed down after I do so. The only reason I keep whole milk around any more is for making cottage cheese (Paneer), or for cooking purposes. Otherwise, I don't really drink milk in particular but as long as it has some fat in it (2%, 1%), I can handle it just fine, especially if it's chocolate! (Not necessarily healthy, but it is a vice :D). Unfortunately, most of my family insists on drinking skim/fat free milk which I absolutely cannot stand. It tastes like water with the bare essence of milk, to me. I have occasionally dabbled with soy and almond milk, but in all honesty, I drink so little milk these days, that I don't bother stocking any of those two either.

Oct 4, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #22 of 262
Only Silk Soy milk or the almond milk for me with this Ulcerative Colitis,   Nothing but WATER, SOY MILK, or some GRAPE JUICE.......Sucks, I used to love a good chocolate milk shake.......oh, well, I'm alive

Oct 4, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #25 of 262

Quote:
Whole Milktaste alot better
2% tastes like plastic to me =/

Whether you hate me or not, I stand on my point

I hate people based exclusively on their preferred type of milk, wanna battle?

Oct 4, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #28 of 262
I drink whole milk. 2% and less is for suckers. Whole milk is about 3% milk fat. How much different is that from the low fat stuff in a 8oz glass? Not much. Whole milk tastes sooo much better.  My opinion in a nut shell is that if it is not the real thing you are settling for less.

Oct 4, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #29 of 262
My wife prefers 1%, I prefer 2% so we alternate. We don't drink a lot of milk anyway so it doesn't matter much to me. A half gallon will usually last more than a week.

Something milk related that I tried and now do with certain breakfast meals (grits and eggs type stuff) is mix half a glass of whatever milk we have and half a glass of half&half when making chocolate milk. Put that n the freezer for 15-20 minutes and it's like a dessert. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back