What type of Milk do you Drink?
Oct 5, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #32 of 262
Quote:
I drink whole milk. 2% and less is for suckers. Whole milk is about 3% milk fat. How much different is that from the low fat stuff in a 8oz glass? Not much. Whole milk tastes sooo much better.  My opinion in a nut shell is that if it is not the real thing you are settling for less.

I agree whole milk tastes better but you do get used to skim. Drinking fat free milk makes a huge difference to me. Often I'll consume at least 24 ounces at a sitting. This saves me over 200 calories a day, at least.

source: http://pediatrics.about.com/od/milk/i/05_milk_2.htm

Oct 5, 2011 at 3:36 AM Post #36 of 262

Quote:
Milk, only for use in cereals and a little for ya white russians.... 2% yo

this is the funniest video!!
"I like cereal!!"
"i like chocolate milk!!!"
etc

Oct 5, 2011 at 7:08 AM Post #38 of 262

Quote:
Why shouldn't adults drink milk?

By nature, milk is designed for young mammals. It has more calories than soda. Drinking milk is really designed for consumption of growing kids, although one might argue that since many kids are over weight, is milk now harmful to kids? 

Also, milk does not taste good with most meals except maybe for deserts. Traditionally a kid would have lunch with a glass of milk but for an adult to have that, it seems somewhat childish (just my opinion though). I once had this comical debate about this with my coworker who is addicted to milk and drinks milk with a lot of his meals. But we both agreed that low fat milk tastes unnatural and wrong.

But milk is a good thing over all. I do enjoy whole milk once in a blue moon. I remember driving out in a rural farm area and stopped in a diner where they served local milk and it was really good. Basically all parts of the cow is good and should not be wasted. I even love the organ meats, the hooves for soup and my favorite usage of milk is in rice pudding recipes which I make every once in a while.

I realize that there are cultures that consume a lot of milk products as adults such as yoghurt products in the middle east, Turkey and India. My feeling is that it is consumed in small portions so in that case it is fine. I love yoghurt type sauces that they serve.

Oct 5, 2011 at 7:18 AM Post #39 of 262
It sounds like you just don't like milk, man. No reason to throw down a statement that adults shouldn't drink it...

Oct 5, 2011 at 7:29 AM Post #41 of 262
Oct 5, 2011 at 8:24 AM Post #42 of 262
Lactose intolerant, so, almond, rice or soy
rolleyes.gif

Oct 5, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #43 of 262
SKKIIIIMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =] It's all that I have ever had growing up, and is delicious.  Any milk with fat in it is too thick, and tastes... odd.  I do enjoy almond and soy milk once in a while as well.  

Oct 5, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #45 of 262

Quote:
I prefer beer.

I thought chewbacca likes milk. 
wink.gif

I used to drink whole milk, but lately i have been consuming half percent milk.

Anyone here drinks soy milk? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back