1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

What to move to from Klipsch S4

Next

Last
  1. toyopl
    I've had Klipsch S4 and I really liked them.
    The bass was good, not too harsh and good sound isolation. However I want to move to something better, a little step up, since I lost them somewhere I might aswell try something better :)
    I like warm sound, nothing too harsh, and I'm a bass head. My budget is about $200 so please recommend something.

2. tehsprayer
    I am looking for the exact same thing. I have the S4 and looking for even more.

What i've found to be better so far are the:
    Klipsch X10
    Shure SE215
    Westone 3 (Could go under $200 on Black Friday)
    Ultimate Ears TF10 (Could go under $100 on Black Friday)

What I'm going is waiting until black friday to see if the TF10 will drop to around $95 (as they did like 2 years ago!) but a little concerned about the fit as people say they have problems finding a good seal. My second option is the X10 which are already at a fairly good deal for only $130 on Amazon which I hope for it to drop to under $100 on black friday. SE215 is also good and is probably easy to find for around $100.

Note: I think all of these have a fair bit of bass, which is why I chose it as you stated the bass was good on the S4. (Personally I find it to be a little muddy)

3. Mooses9
    I would go with the w3 if you can get them in your price range. From there the tf10 those 2 are some good iems imo

4. toyopl
    Reading a bit here and seems that Westone 3 should be a good step up for me.
    Now hoping for some decent pricing for Black Friday.
    Did they come down in pricing last year for Black Friday ?

5. tehsprayer
    The are like $230 on SonicElectronix and you can get a 5% off coupon. It may go lower than $200 on Black Friday as they're discountinued. Hoping to pick one up if I can!

6. Mooses9
    thats a good deal

7. toyopl
    I didn't know that they're discontinued.
    I still see them on Westone website, did they get replaced by a new line ?

8. tehsprayer
    Not 100% sure on discontinued but they now have the UM3x and the W30 to replace them.

9. alexm23
    I think the W30 is the replacement for the W3.

The UM3X is in a different series.

10. Mooses9
    Right the w30 and w40 are along the same lines as the w4 and w3

11. zombywoof
    I have seen a notice on a site saying "Westone up to 30% off...making space for the new lines."  This banner shows a Westone 1, 2, 3 ad 4R.  The Westone W10, W20, W30,and W40 are now available on the same site along with new UM Pro series.  My guess from this is that the 1 through 4R will be not be available once stocks are depleted.  I am going to use this opportunity to grab some 4R's.

12. tehsprayer
    What site I might grab the 4r if it's a good opportunity?!

13. The Dan of Steel
    I believe that's earphonesolutions.com that has an "up to 30% off" banner. 4r is 369.

14. tehsprayer
    I'm looking for something decent around $200, might go a little over and get the Westone 3 from sonicelectronix

15. The Dan of Steel
    I'm still kicking myself for not jumping on the Amazon W3 deal last week for 179. Only something like 2% sold. I'm going to wait to see what Black Friday has to bring.

Next

Last