What to move to from Klipsch S4
Nov 10, 2013 at 10:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

toyopl

Head-Fier
I've had Klipsch S4 and I really liked them.
The bass was good, not too harsh and good sound isolation. However I want to move to something better, a little step up, since I lost them somewhere I might aswell try something better :)
I like warm sound, nothing too harsh, and I'm a bass head. My budget is about $200 so please recommend something.

Nov 10, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #2 of 26
  I've had Klipsch S4 and I really liked them.
The bass was good, not too harsh and good sound isolation. However I want to move to something better, a little step up, since I lost them somewhere I might aswell try something better :)
I like warm sound, nothing too harsh, and I'm a bass head. My budget is about $200 so please recommend something.

I am looking for the exact same thing. I have the S4 and looking for even more.

What i've found to be better so far are the:
Klipsch X10
Shure SE215
Westone 3 (Could go under $200 on Black Friday)
Ultimate Ears TF10 (Could go under $100 on Black Friday)

What I'm going is waiting until black friday to see if the TF10 will drop to around $95 (as they did like 2 years ago!) but a little concerned about the fit as people say they have problems finding a good seal. My second option is the X10 which are already at a fairly good deal for only $130 on Amazon which I hope for it to drop to under $100 on black friday. SE215 is also good and is probably easy to find for around $100.

Note: I think all of these have a fair bit of bass, which is why I chose it as you stated the bass was good on the S4. (Personally I find it to be a little muddy)

Nov 11, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #4 of 26
Reading a bit here and seems that Westone 3 should be a good step up for me.
Now hoping for some decent pricing for Black Friday.
Did they come down in pricing last year for Black Friday ?

Nov 11, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #5 of 26
  Reading a bit here and seems that Westone 3 should be a good step up for me.
Now hoping for some decent pricing for Black Friday.
Did they come down in pricing last year for Black Friday ?

The are like $230 on SonicElectronix and you can get a 5% off coupon. It may go lower than $200 on Black Friday as they're discountinued. Hoping to pick one up if I can!

Nov 12, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #11 of 26
I have seen a notice on a site saying "Westone up to 30% off...making space for the new lines."  This banner shows a Westone 1, 2, 3 ad 4R.  The Westone W10, W20, W30,and W40 are now available on the same site along with new UM Pro series.  My guess from this is that the 1 through 4R will be not be available once stocks are depleted.  I am going to use this opportunity to grab some 4R's.

Nov 12, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #12 of 26
I have seen a notice on a site saying "Westone up to 30% off...making space for the new lines."  This banner shows a Westone 1, 2, 3 ad 4R.  The Westone W10, W20, W30,and W40 are now available on the same site along with new UM Pro series.  My guess from this is that the 1 through 4R will be not be available once stocks are depleted.  I am going to use this opportunity to grab some 4R's.

What site I might grab the 4r if it's a good opportunity?!

Nov 12, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #13 of 26
I believe that's earphonesolutions.com that has an "up to 30% off" banner. 4r is 369.

Nov 12, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #15 of 26
I'm still kicking myself for not jumping on the Amazon W3 deal last week for 179. Only something like 2% sold. I'm going to wait to see what Black Friday has to bring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back