What to move to from Klipsch S4
Nov 12, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #16 of 26
I'm still kicking myself for not jumping on the Amazon W3 deal last week for 179. Only something like 2% sold. I'm going to wait to see what Black Friday has to bring.

Yeah, me too! That's a steal, they are old versions and they did a flash deal so there must be a good chance they are going to be on sale. If the perhaps the TF10 or the Klipsch X10 will go even lower.

Nov 12, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #17 of 26
Go with the TF10.... you cant go wrong with those, ( unless they wont fit you properly) :)

Nov 13, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #20 of 26
The Klipsch X10 will be a good choice, but be careful with the cables especially with the strain relief near the jack. TF10 is good too but I'm not a fan of the fit or the size. Another thing to take note is that the S4 is a dynamic driver which has much muddier bass. So if you're a bass head moving up to BA might lack the "punch".

Nov 13, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #22 of 26
  You have some nice IEMs, how do the TF10s compare to the W4, Klipsch S4, X10i, and SE215?

Thank you :) .  TF10 is pretty sparkly sounding and bass is pretty hard hitting [ "V" Shape SQ] compared to w4's. no wonder since westone 4's are quite liner..  i'd say that these IEM's are the best go to pair when it comes to Rock/Electronic music :)They do have an amazing soundstage as well, that beats the X10i's and 215; but somewhat similar  to the westone 4's.. As for this comparison i suggest you to forget about the SE215. since they are a low end product. and remember the stock cable that comes with the TF10 is a Bitch! so you need to get a 3rd party breaded cable for daily usage.  Go for the TF10's

Nov 13, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #23 of 26
Thank you :) .  TF10 is pretty sparkly sounding and bass is pretty hard hitting compared to w4's. no wonder since westone 4's are quite liner..  i'd say that these IEM's are the best go to pair when it comes to Rock/Electronic music :)They do have an amazing soundstage as well, that beats the X10i's and 215; but somewhat similar  to the westone 4's.. As for this comparison i suggest you to forget about the SE215. since they are a low end product. and remember the stock cable that comes with the TF10 is a Bitch! so you need to get a 3rd party breaded cable for daily usage.  Go for the TF10's

how do the tf10s compare to the re-400?

Nov 13, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #24 of 26
how do the tf10s compare to the re-400?

For me its a question about whether to choose vanilla or chocolate :wink: I'd say RE400 is a great iem and very natural sounding. for 99$ you cant ask more. but TF10's are pretty colored and very fun sounding. It depends on every ones preference. so if u love a fun signature go For the TF10's or if u want a great entry level natural sounding IEM RE400's are there for you. wait... what sorta music do u listen to?

Sep 19, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #25 of 26
I also would like to move from klipsch S4i and hesitate between these following IEM:

Westone W3 /W30
 Westone UM30PRO /UM3X

I can get any of them for almost same price

I listen to many style of music, pop, rock, latin, classical, dance,  and my S4i give me quite good service
i just think they lack of medium and have a bit of sibilance.

what i expect is a WOW, with very good separation and clarity with nice bass even if its less than my S4i. 

i like Westone but i can consider other brands, i saw some nice comments about Audio Technica CK100PRO
beside the fact that some peoples seems to complain that they unable to go too loud.

Thank you for your suggestions.
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back