what to get.... hmmmm SRH750, SRH550, ath-m50 ,crossfades, beats, bose
Jan 27, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #32 of 80
i listen to a lot of symphonic metal and i find the symphonies sound really good. i think you will be very satisfied. they seem to have a really good sound stage for a closed can.

Quote:
@bcasey25raptor nice those are like the most intense genres so i think ill do fine with em ^^ i hope they can pull of some classical tho for sleeping time

Jan 27, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #33 of 80

Quote:
i listen to a lot of symphonic metal and i find the symphonies sound really good. i think you will be very satisfied. they seem to have a really good sound stage for a closed can.

Quote:
@bcasey25raptor nice those are like the most intense genres so i think ill do fine with em ^^ i hope they can pull of some classical tho for sleeping time

oh yeah.. cuz ive been reading fa-003 also, having a good sound stage for a close can. but i couldnt wait for the answers that i was looking for so i just got the 750s cuz i think they wont be far from each other anyways and i didnt want to lose the deal well thanks for the help!

Jan 27, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #34 of 80
Congrats on the purchase. Hopefully you like them. Don't listen to people who say they sound bad cause they sound great. At least from a portable source, which is how I demoed them. I can only imagine them sounding better with a better source. When I listened they sounded great with Rock and Jazz, which is basically all I listen to. I preferred their sound for Jazz more than the M50's due to the better mids and soundstage. I also really liked the detachable cable with the shure headphones.

Like I said, the only thing I didn't like was comfort, but you may feel different about this. Enjoy them, and if they're not your thing, it should be easy to sell them and get your money back out of them. 

Let us know what you think of em when they arrive.

Jan 27, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #35 of 80

Quote:
Congrats on the purchase. Hopefully you like them. Don't listen to people who say they sound bad cause they sound great. At least from a portable source, which is how I demoed them. I can only imagine them sounding better with a better source. When I listened they sounded great with Rock and Jazz, which is basically all I listen to. I preferred their sound for Jazz more than the M50's due to the better mids and soundstage. I also really liked the detachable cable with the shure headphones.

Like I said, the only thing I didn't like was comfort, but you may feel different about this. Enjoy them, and if they're not your thing, it should be easy to sell them and get your money back out of them. 

Let us know what you think of em when they arrive.

thanks and ill will sure let u guys know wat i think of it wen it arrives! they were like the display headphones so they wer probably pretty much used like crazy i hope they're not beat up like those displays or testers on regular stores. my sources would probably just be my itouch or ipod classic or ipod video, laptop, desktop, or this coby mp3 player that i got for free that i use as a usb flash drive instead. also, ive been wanting to try listening to lossless music with a good headphone cuz i cant seem to tell the lossless and 320 mp3s apart  

Jan 27, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #36 of 80
Good to know you're interested in finding better sound. One advice: if you still have some money to spend, work on getting a good source. You can tell the difference between a FLAC and a 120kB/s on an iPod, but you only really experience it with a DAC or a good portable player.

Remember, your sound is only as good as your weakest link. If you have WAV sound files being played on foobar, to some Sennheiser HD880, but through your Realtek HD sound card, you are not experiencing their full potential.

Jan 27, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #38 of 80

Quote:
Good to know you're interested in finding better sound. One advice: if you still have some money to spend, work on getting a good source. You can tell the difference between a FLAC and a 120kB/s on an iPod, but you only really experience it with a DAC or a good portable player.

Remember, your sound is only as good as your weakest link. If you have WAV sound files being played on foobar, to some Sennheiser HD880, but through your Realtek HD sound card, you are not experiencing their full potential.

yeah my next step would be getting a good DAC or amp ryt? i should be good with 750 to notice it right? i hope for now dac+ipod classic+srh750 can pull it off ^^

i shall read more about those stuff that you were telling me ^^ ty

Jan 27, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #39 of 80

Quote:
M50 still amazes me is that sound quality improve with every hour of burn in. today i feel . it improved to another level on a few hour of playing. 

nice! what kinds of music do you listen to?

haha im excited to get my HPhones now and start catching up from wat ive been missing out on =P

Jan 28, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #40 of 80
Hey,

It's funny because I'm going through this very situation! I also narrowed it down to the Shure SRH750DJ and the A-t M50s, but the detachable cable on the Shure's is what sold me - it's just nice to know that if I break that then it's ~$15 to just go and buy a new one. I placed my order online (at Futureshop), but as they're "Out of Stock" I'm guessing I'll have a week or so to wait.

I ALSO bought a Fiio e5, it seems to be a decent cheap amp - enough for me I think (just entering the "real sound" crowd lol).

I'll report back how these two work together (whenever I get them).

Jan 29, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #42 of 80
I was able to get the Shure's from a local FutureShop, so I'm burning them in right now (after only 2 hours of burn in I'm already impressed!) - this is w/o my amp using my i7 MBP Aluminium. They seem bulky size, but small fit, I've got them almost at full stretch and gotten them to fit me comfortably - but I could definitely see this being a problem for some. The detachable cable is nice, and I don't find them creaky at all when using them (walking about my house a bit), which I read in a few reviews - I mean I'm not exactly going running with these lol.

I'll give some feedback with my amp when I get it.

What's funny is I just bought the ATH-M50s from Unique_squared on ebay - honestly I've read some much saying that these two phones are SO hard to differentiate that I want to do the judging myself. I'm going to listen to both, and whichever I prefer I'll keep - I'll just sell the others ones.

So.. I'll report back with how things are going when the amp gets here. And I guess I'll give me $0.02 on Ath-m50 vs Shure 750 when I can.

Jan 29, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #44 of 80

Quote:
M50 needs 100 hours of burn in. I don't know about shure. But in the beginning the bass would be overpowering. After 100 hours, m50 is truly a balance headphone.

i think both require around the same burn in. i lost track of how much i have listened to my 750djs but i must be at 100 hours by now.

Jan 29, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #45 of 80

Quote:
M50 needs 100 hours of burn in. I don't know about shure. But in the beginning the bass would be overpowering. After 100 hours, m50 is truly a balance headphone.

Yeah I downloaded the variety of burn in tracks - like ranges (ex, 10-10k, 20-20k, etc) specific lowers (5, 10, 15...), white noise, and silence. I have them going on repeat and I'm slowing going to add lower ranges (I'm not playing anything too high or too low right now.. I'll add them after like 15 hours burn in).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back