What to get for Extreme Isolation, Extreme Comfort, Extreme Sub Bass?
Jan 8, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #31 of 37
Quote:
still thinking of bose ae2 (i know 
rolleyes.gif
) and krk kns8400...

The Bose are comfortable and light, and they isolate well, but in my opinion the sound quality overall isn't that great really for any kind of serious listening

Jan 9, 2013 at 7:40 AM Post #33 of 37
Quote:
Did you get to try:

Audio Technica pro 700 mk2
AIAIAI TMA-1

?
They are supposedly "bassy" but I haven't tried them nor don't know if they are more mid-bass than sub-bass...

I'd recommend the PRO700MK2 over the TMA-1 for low-bass response. The AIAIAI is warmer, but has bass that doesn't impact with quite the weight that the PRO700MK2 does.

Also, the V55, XB800, and AE2 are definitely not going to be good choices for you (I've not heard the K619). The V55 doesn't actually sound good, the XB800 would isolate even worse than the XB700, and the AE2 wouldn't have enough bass (as well as not isolating all that well, either).

The only issue I see with the PRO700MK2 is in terms of comfort. They're more comfortable than the M50, but still are only something you'd want to wear for a limited number of hours at a time.

Jan 9, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #34 of 37
from reading the reviews of both, i think they wont be my cup of tea. the tma seems to be too dark and the promk2 too muffled. thanks for your suggestion nevertheless.

Jan 9, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #35 of 37
But if you don't try them, you'll never know... Ears and sound perception is different to us all...

Jan 9, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #36 of 37
tomorrow will arrive some k619. but tonight i am very happy with my old philips shl8800. i put the pads of my k518 on them and stuffed the pads with some paper. what i got in return is same level of isolation as k518 if not better. huge and i mean huge soundstage for a closed can and best of all serious sub bass rumble that i only new from iems. no q40s, no dt770s, not m50s really no can i heard before had such a strong and punchy sub bass. i think i am in heaven, as they are cheap too and remind me very much of my beloved mh1c.

Nov 27, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #37 of 37
I know this is an older thread, but I'm searching for the same things are you were; comfort, lightweight, and good bass.
Did you end up sticking with the shl8800's?

I own the AE2i and the Senn hd 25-1 ii, and while the AE2i has all but the sound quality (low bass), the HD 25-1 ii has all but the comfort (ears hurt after few hours of use).

Someone mentioned the Bose QC15, and I was curious, does it have the bass that the AE2i is missing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back