What to get for Extreme Isolation, Extreme Comfort, Extreme Sub Bass?
Dec 19, 2012 at 6:47 AM Post #17 of 37
i decided to be done. the denons come closest to what i am seaching for. decent subbass, soundstage isolation and comfort packed in a lightweight portable. will stop searching now, as all my other headphones do not get any listening time anymore. i will stay with these for a good while:

Open: K701
Closed: D1100
IEM: Mh1c

man, never thought this journey would ever end. finally i am quite happy.

Dec 19, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #18 of 37
Quote:
i decided to be done. the denons come closest to what i am seaching for. decent subbass, soundstage isolation and comfort packed in a lightweight portable. will stop searching now, as all my other headphones do not get any listening time anymore. i will stay with these for a good while:

Open: K701
Closed: D1100
IEM: Mh1c

man, never thought this journey would ever end. finally i am quite happy.

The Denons' do have those qualities, and the K701's are a nice counterpoint to them.

Edited for clarity.

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #19 of 37
while the denons are nice, i am still reaching for more. meanwhile i tried the dt770 and they have less bass, than denon and q40. so i will have to give the m100 a try, right?

Jan 2, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #21 of 37
Denon D2000/D5000 if you can find them at a nice/attractive price (but the treble on the D2000 is harsher...). They are very comfortable and deliver a lot of bass/sub-bass.

Q40 you already have...

V-Modas M100s DO deliver massive amount of controlled bass and actually they isolate 'Ok' but THEY ARE NOT comfortable... (at least not to my ears! :frowning2:)

Ultrasone Signature DJs. Have NOT tried these, but if they are bassier than my Ultrasone Signature Pro (which to me, they do apply a very decent amount of sub-bass!) then you will be good.

Of course, you can always look into the Sony XB line...

Regarding the DT770, I had the 80 Pro version (32 Ohm I believe) and although comfortable, I didn't really like them that much. (i.e. I prefer the Q40s over it even though they are not as comfy). But, as always, YMMV and you might actually like them.

Jan 2, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #22 of 37
the denons do not isolate so well. actually i tried my old philips shl8800 cheapo plastic toy and it is astonishing how well they are able to rumble. more so than the other phones i mentioned.

Jan 8, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #25 of 37
returned the xb700, as they do not isolate at all. sounded pretty similar to the d1100. i narrowed it now to

xb800
v55
k619
bose ae2

any other suggestions?

Jan 8, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #29 of 37
Did you get to try:

Audio Technica pro 700 mk2
AIAIAI TMA-1

?
They are supposedly "bassy" but I haven't tried them nor don't know if they are more mid-bass than sub-bass...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back