What to buy - Denon D2000 or JVC FX700?
May 30, 2011 at 6:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

TheThrane

New Head-Fier
First of all, sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum. 

I need help to decide which one to buy. I've read very good things about Denon D2000, and would prefere full-size headphones. I will only use it (be it the Denon or JVC) with my iPod and mobilephone, and with 320kbps audio files as source.
Now, the D2000 is rather expensive at 400 dollar where i live, and this is without an amp. I went looking for alternatives and stumbled across the JVC FX700. These looks really nice and is 'only' 350 dollar and this is without the need of an amp. But I have some concerns:
Will they fit as nice and comfortably in the ears as the Denon D2000 fits on the head? (I mean comfort, no fear of them falling out etc.)
Is the sound-quality even near as good as the D2000?

I'm new to all this audio stuff so any help would be greatly appreciated 
normal_smile .gif

EDIT: Just found the Denon D2000 for 300 dollar on the same site as i found the FX700. Additional question: Can i get a good portable amp for Denon for around 50 dollar?

May 30, 2011 at 6:38 PM Post #2 of 11
I wouldn't get either one for portable use. You'd be better off with IEMs. If you must, however, the D2000 is (far) superior if you listen to any sort of energetic or heavy music.

May 30, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #3 of 11
The Denons may require an amplifier to sounds at their best, and i cant comment on that JVC model.

Are you open to another options? Which kind of music you like? 

May 30, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #4 of 11

Quote:
The Denons may require an amplifier to sounds at their best, and i cant comment on that JVC model.

Are you open to another options? Which kind of music you like? 

I listen to pop, soft rap, aucustic, hip-hop, some rock, techno. At the moment i'm in love with these two, so it would have to be a really good alternative not to say good-looking 
wink_face.gif

I will not use them to carry around with me, but just to relax with and take with me on vacation.

May 30, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #5 of 11

Quote:
I listen to pop, soft rap, aucustic, hip-hop, some rock, techno. At the moment i'm in love with these two, so it would have to be a really good alternative not to say good-looking 
wink_face.gif

I will not use them to carry around with me, but just to relax with and take with me on vacation.

For those genres definitely grab the D2000. But again, I really think you want IEMs. These cans aren't for portable use.

Jun 1, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #11 of 11

Quote:

EDIT: Just found the Denon D2000 for 300 dollar on the same site as i found the FX700. Additional question: Can i get a good portable amp for Denon for around 50 dollar?

If you're set on buying the D2000's you'll need to spend more than $50 on a portable amp for them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back