What the $^&# heck is it?.........iFi iEMatch!
Jul 22, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #61 of 618
1) What is this new product? Where is it used?  Auto Tuner for iPhone
2) What is the first button for – the one on the main barrel (on the left)?  Make you sound like Kanye
3) What is the second button for – the one on the 3.5mm connector (on the right)? Make you sound like Kimye

Jul 22, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #62 of 618
1) What is this new product? Where is it used?  Volumizer.  Used on Sony Walkman
2) What is the first button for – the one on the main barrel (on the left)?  Use when playing Van Halen
3) What is the second button for – the one on the 3.5mm connector (on the right)? Use when playing Micheal Jackson
sony-original-walkman-tps-l2.0.jpg

Jul 22, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #64 of 618
Ha, I lied, I have one more idea based on what I need LOL.

Assumption - there is sufficient market of AK type 2.5mm TRRS terminated headphones and IEMs in the market.

1) This is an AK 2.5mm TRRS to 3.5mm adapter, but with multiple 3.5mm options (see below).

2) Switch on the barrel selects between 2 different 3.5mm balanced pinouts. One of pinouts will be a new announced iFi balanced amp. Other configuration could be for Sony or Hifiman or LH Labs.

3) Switch on the plug end, is to convert to 3.5mm SE.

This adapter will enable multiple configurations and pave the way for an easy upgrade to the announced balanced amp. If this is right, I hope the price is no more than $30. Also please include safety circuits to prevent wrong switch settings from blowing up amps. Again, this is probably wrong, but iFi will clearly see that this adapter and amp must come to market.

Jul 22, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #65 of 618
So... there are my 2cents 
ksc75smile.gif

1) What is this new product? Where is it used?
It's IFI's counterattack to Audeze's Cipher Cable. So a portable amp/dac for
iems/cans. But a more democratic/popular Android one...

2) What is the first button for – the one on the main barrel (on the left)?
Not that sure but I think it has something to do with "3D Holographic" or "XBass".

3) What is the second button for – the one on the 3.5mm connector (on the right)?
A gain selector for sensitive iems//portable headphones.

Thanks for letting all of us jump into the pool (now let's see if there's water in it) hahaha!!  
biggrin.gif

Warm regards.

Jul 23, 2016 at 6:17 AM Post #66 of 618

it's a super friends friendship audio bracelet()! / it is used on your wrist  

What you do is you take one end and connect it to the other end to form a bracelet, like so

- it locks the connection once you connect the two ends together

3) What is the second button for – the one on the 3.5mm connector (on the right)?

-once you and your friend put on your special super friends audio friendship bracelet(®) on, engage the button to unlock the bracelets mythical super friendship audio powers. 

These powers enable you and your friends to hear headphones WITHOUT actually listening to them! That's right! by simply looking at a chart, you and your friend will be able to hear said headphone, be a snob and criticize it without actually having to listen to it!!! BUT WAIT, THERE'S MOAR!!! You and your friend will soon be able to do comparisons between headphones using magical terms like "it's bassy, but not bloated, it's tight!" or "the mids are thin, but not too thin. They're tastefully dry!"... AWESOME!!!!
tongue.gif

Jul 24, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #68 of 618
It's my hope and belief that it's what I have been waiting for. An opportunity to get rid of background noise when I use my sensitive in ear monitors.
With my iDSD micro I don't need one but with some other sources it would be great. And finally I would be able to enjoy my CIEM with the lovely iTUBE iCAN setup.

1. Impedance matcher for sensitive Headphones / in ear monitors. Connected between amplifier and headphones.
2. Impedance selector.
3. Singel ended or balanced input.

In my mind it's a logical product for Ifi to launch. The company always make products that solves problems that degrades sound quality.

I wish everyone luck.

Jul 24, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #69 of 618
1)  A adaptor that lets you use your cable with added Mic functionality. It is used in between your phone and iem/headphone that uses a 3.5mm connector.
2) To mute or not to mute the mic.
3) To select between IOS or Android devices.

Jul 24, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #70 of 618
1. Teensy-weensy AMP

2. Either bass boost or 3D

3. Gain selector

I think the IEM expert extraordinaire from Oregon is on the right track

iFi Pico IEM amp or iFi Pico IEM Dac/Amp

3D Sound/XBass

The other of 3D sound/XBass that isn't on the left.

Jul 24, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #72 of 618
Ah, you flatter me @glassmonkey
wink.gif

Where're you at, by the way? Somewhere in the UK, right? I'll be visiting my daughter in Dublin next Spring. It's be cool to meet some of my fellow audio nerds
tongue.gif

I'm in Southampton, along the South Coast, but I'd imagine you'll want to meet up somewhere more interesting. Hopefully there will be a cool meet for you sometime around then. Who knows where I'll be next spring, maybe I'll be somewhere more cool. I know a few audio nerds I could introduce you to, and I'll know a few more after this Canjam coming up. :) I definitely know some good beers to introduce you to.

beerchug.gif

Jul 25, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #74 of 618
It is a microphone allowing regular headphones to connect to smart phones.

Button 1 - mute button
Button 2 - Apple/Android toggle

Jul 25, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #75 of 618
I'm a big fan of good beer, so some recommends would be appreciated @glassmonkey. I was a dedicated homebrewer for many years and hope to start that up again soon!

Just like an Oregon local! I'm glassmonkey on Untappd also, so you can get a start there. What you'll be drinking will depend on where you are going. I think February has the Winter Ales Festival, if I'm remembering right. Probably will be before you come round though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back